How about a GraphicConverter Lite?

The right place to speak and share about your experiences of GraphicConverter
JamesInSanDiego

How about a GraphicConverter Lite?

Post by JamesInSanDiego »

I have been using GraphicConverter since its v1 infancy when it was written just to convert files from one type of graphics to another. Gradually, more and more features were added to the point today that we have an extremely useful, very powerful, Photoshop equivalent program. I am not a huge photographer nor am I a graphic artist but I do go to GC periodically to get some task done. My problem is that GC has become so sophisticated that I now have difficulty using it. It's not the fault of the program, it's just that I don't use GC enough to remember where to find a tool or feature so as to easily perform a tasks I need done.

Have you ever discussed releasing a GraphicConverter Lite which would have the features which users like me need but eliminating (or hiding) all the other features I seldom or never use? I imagine this may start a thread of what users would want and what they could do without in a Lite version. Sell both as a package deal or sell the Lite version separately to recoup your costs for time and effort writing the Lite version. I know I would gladly pay for both.
27" iMac 14,2 (late 2013) 3.5 GHz i7 24 GB RAM 3 TB Fusion Drive macOS High Sierra 10.13.2
13" MacBook Pro 14,2 (2017 Touch Bar) 3.3 GHz i5 16 GB RAM 512 GB SSD macOS Mohave 10.14 beta
iPad Pro 128 GB iOS 12.0 beta
iPhone X iOS 12.0 beta
Gold47

Re: How about a GraphicConverter Lite?

Post by Gold47 »

Interesting idea!
Adobe and Corel each sell "Essentials" versions of their photo editing/creation programs with reduced feature sets and lower price points.

I've been a GC user since the first version and while I love how it has added amazing powerful features, the majority of times I use it I'm only using the basics.

Maybe a switch for "expert" and "basic" mode which hides the more advanced features?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: How about a GraphicConverter Lite?

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,

it would not be very difficult to hide some features.
But now the big question:
- which features should be active in the basic mode?

Thorsten