Advice - When best to purchase?

The right place to speak and share about your experiences of GraphicConverter
timlance

Advice - When best to purchase?

Post by timlance »

Thanks to my school's licensing I have been a GraphicConverter user since the v3.x days. I have retired and need to buy my own copy. I have no idea of how often GC is updated and want to maximize the few dollars I now have to live on. I've searched these forums for similar information and best I can tell is if a license for one version is purchased within a certain time frame of the next vX.x being introduced the update is free. I don't want to buy right now if I will just have to buy again (even if it's an upgrade fee). I know I can just buy the current version and stick with it until it doesn't meet my needs but I am accustomed to staying up-to-date on software.

Thanks for any advice/information.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Advice - When best to purchase?

Post by forum_adm »

GraphicConverter 11 is scheduled for May 2019.

You will get the GraphicConverter 11 for free if you order GraphicConverter 10 now.

Best wishes
Thorsten
timlance

Post by timlance »

You've made this old man very happy. Thanks for the info. And a hearty thanks for such a good piece of software that has stood the test of time.
AdamSiska

Post by AdamSiska »

Dear Thorsten,

first of all, a big THANK YOU for GraphicConverter!

I've been trying to reach the official support at support(at)lemkesoft.com in the past two weeks, but unfortunately my mails get bounced back by the mail server -- I hope I can reach customer support through this forum.

I wasn't aware of the upcoming release of GC 12 and hence I bought GC 11 on the 14th Feb 2023, about 10 days prior to the official launch of version 12. While I understand there's a discounted upgrade option to GC 12 until the end of March, I'd wonder if I could apply for a free upgrade, given the very short time between my purchase and the announcement of the new version?

Best wishes,
Ádám
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

I did email a free upgrade on February 25, 2023. Please check your spam folder.