[Closed] Search for specific keywords in subfolders

The right place to speak and share about your experiences of GraphicConverter
OdysseusL

[Closed] Search for specific keywords in subfolders

Post by OdysseusL »

Hello,

is it possible to search for specific keywords in photos in all subfolders of a folder? Yes, I know, there is no database, so each file has to read (jpg, tiff, xmp, ...) and this may take time in case of thousand of photos.

Thanks in advance.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Search for specific keywords in subfolders

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,

exists a Spotlight index for that volume?

Thorsten
OdysseusL

Post by OdysseusL »

I've tried to include the photo directories in spotlight. It shows me the xmp files only. Does there exist a method to search within GraphicConverter?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

GraphicConverter uses Spotlight. But it shows normally the associated RAWs as a result if Spotlight returns XMP files.
Did you try?

Can I maybe get XMP and RAW file for testing?

Please e-mail to support@lemkesoft.de

Thorsten
OdysseusL

Post by OdysseusL »

Ok, then I will include my photo directories in the spotlight. After indexing I will try the search option in GraphicConverter again. I will proved an update, as soon as I have tested it. Thanks for your reply.
OdysseusL

Post by OdysseusL »

So, I included all my photo directories in Spotlight. The system still runs, due to almost 100k photos ;-)

Nevertheless I startet a keyword search request within GraphicConverter and it shows me results now. Now I have two (new) "problems":
  • It shows me only 20 pictures, even if there are more pictures which meet the search criteria.
  • Every time I start the search (with same criteria) it shows me different results (but not more than 20 pictures).
Here is a screenshot of the search dialog:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar2CmtUFoJoj1WCUp6M ... E?e=HqHgb3

Do I have to adapt specific options regarding search results? Is my search request wrong?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

The problem has been solved! Now it shows all photos matching the searched keywords. At the beginning it shows only 20 photos and after a few seconds/minutes GC shows all appropriate photos.

Thank you very much for your fast support, at least the tip with Spotlight. This thread may be closed.