[Solved] Spotlight search for keywords

The right place to speak and share about your experiences of GraphicConverter
greerdawg

Re: [Solved] Spotlight search for keywords

Post by greerdawg »

Hello Thorsten,

I am sorry about (2) -- all search and edit functionality seem good now for files on my internal drive.

1) I still cannot perform a keyword search on on my external drive. I used the Terminal utility to verify that indexing is enabled (see window snapshot). Then I followed the Apple procedure to reindex the drive (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201716). However, the reindexing does not seem to occur, and when I try the keyword search again no items are found.

Phil
Attachments
Indexing_enabled.png
Indexing_enabled.png (32.23 KiB) Viewed 4382 times
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

What happens if you search with the Finder?
greerdawg

Post by greerdawg »

The browser is blank with no items found as shown in my attachments on Jan 13.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Does the Finder search show the files?
greerdawg

Post by greerdawg »

Thorsten,

I tried doing an advanced "keyword" search (command F from desktop) using the Finder outside of GraphicConverter. It worked! After that, I went back to the Browser inside Graphic Converter and did a keyword search (as demonstrated in the screenshots on Jan 13). It worked too! So... I do know that the external drive was not spotlight indexed originally, and then I changed that using the command lines in Terminal and then verified it was enabled as seen in the snapshot I sent on Friday. After that I tried doing a keyword search in the GC browser and no items were found. But NOW I am seeing that the GC browser keyword search works! So I don't what happened, but I am happy for the result. Operator error? :-). Anyhow, thanks for your help -- all is well.

Phil