[Closed] full screen on second monitor

The right place to speak and share about your experiences of GraphicConverter
glurbix

[Closed] full screen on second monitor

Post by glurbix »

A long-standing question about behavior with View > "Full Screen" (as opposed to View > "Enter Full Screen") menu commands, GC 11.3, Mac OS, with two monitors (laptop screen and 27" external monitor).

If an image is displayed and active on the second monitor (27"), when choosing View > "Full Screen", the image then fills the lower left hand corner of that monitor only; the rest of that display remains visible and dynamic, with whatever else was previously visible. The first monitor (laptop screen) goes entirely black. If the image is on the laptop screen, View > "Full Screen" correctly throws it to fill the laptop screen and leaves the second monitor alone.

Behavior of the View > "Enter Full Screen" option appears to be correct on either screen: on whatever screen the active image is on, its window will grow to fill the whole monitor (with header and footer of window visible).

Is there a setting I have been missing to correct this behavior for View > "Full Screen"? I want to be able to toggle the full-screen, distraction-free view of an image on my second monitor. Image here:
weird full screen behavior.jpg
weird full screen behavior.jpg (148.45 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
Thanks.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: full screen on second monitor

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,

what happens if you uncheck this option in the system settings?
Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 21.13.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 21.13.jpg (123.6 KiB) Viewed 3185 times
Thorsten
glurbix

Post by glurbix »

Thorsten, thank you.

Unchecking this Mac OS X setting ("Displays have separate spaces.") does NOT affect this behavior (and I know to reboot after toggling the setting).

Perhaps this behavior of GC "Full Screen" is related to scaling options for the monitors? I observed this same behavior for years in my older MacBook Pro and old external monitor; now I have a new MacBook Pro and new monitor. Never thought to ask about it until now though.

Nat

BTW I have used GC for many years and still love it. Thank you!
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Hmm, which scaling settings do you use? Because it works here on both screens.

Thorsten