[Solved] Difficulties Using Macros

The right place to speak and share about your experiences of GraphicConverter
elefem

[Solved] Difficulties Using Macros

Post by elefem »

I recently upgraded from GC9 to GC11 and was pleased to see that 11 has a macro feature. However, I am having no luck getting any macros to work. I can create a macro and save it, and the name appears at the bottom of the macro icon pull-down. I would have expected that selecting it on that list would activate the macro but no such thing happens. So next I chose C&M with Use Batch checked and Execute Macro as the sole action in the batch table. Still no results.

The operation I want to perform seems simple enough: increase the canvas size of a pdf, from the center (from 7.81" width to 8.3, and from 10.6" length to 11.3, with color set to white and remember previous values checked), and save. This sequence works fine when done manually, although suspiciously the ctrl-shift-command-A keyboard shortcut works only occasionally (and the shortcut ctrl-command-A for margins never works— a possible clue?)

I have also tried using Canvas Size as the only function in the batch table. But in specifying the desired dimensions there the only units available are points, and the relationship between point sizes here and point sizes on the document itself remains a mystery to me. In points, what I want is a document 583 x 812 points. But if I specify those dimensions in creating the batch table, what I get is a file that radically crops the original down to a 280 x 390 points excerpt from the original.

So far I've found nothing in the manual that seems to address my problem. Any ideas?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Difficulties Using Macros

Post by forum_adm »

Please e-mail your stored macro to support@lemkesoft.de
elefem

Post by elefem »

Examining the macro in question, I couldn't determine if it had any content at all (500 bytes), so I deleted it from the Library and tried to make a new one. Now, at the Stop & Save step, I choose a name and hit Save. The Save As page disappears from the screen and no macros are listed under the Macro icon. I am experiencing no other problems with the Mac (2012 mini, OSX 10.13.6) hardware or software that might indicate some broader issue.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Thanks for your reply.

I will check that here.

Thorsten
elefem

Post by elefem »

Just for comparison, I recorded another macro using a different set of operations: ctrl-command-L, cut, paste, move selection, move selection frame, crop, and save. After Stop/Save, the macro name appeared on the macro menu, but it still won't execute. Choosing Show Macro from the menu, it reads: Change Tool, Select last selection, and then "set tool settings" three times. I'll email this macro instead.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,

I found an issue with recording the change canvas color.

Please check the new BETA: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html

Thorsten