[Solved] GC 11 File Sizes

The right place to speak and share about your experiences of GraphicConverter
Kraznov

[Solved] GC 11 File Sizes

Post by Kraznov »

I have been a casual GC user for many years. With past versions, I noticed after editing and saving files that my photos would become bloated since they became much larger in size. After recently updating to GC 11, I noticed that my photos were shrinking in size. With both cases, I did not notice any difference in quality.

Does the increase or loss of size affect the image quality? If so, how can I adjust this so that there are not any major changes in size or quality?

I modified many GBs of photos before I noticed the file size change. If the file size reduction is not damaging, how can I do a batch conversion of all of my photos at once to reduce the files sizes while not affecting their quality?

Thanks.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: GC 11 File Sizes

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,

which file format do you use?

Did you maybe save with a custom icon in the past? That can use a lot of disk space.

Thorsten
Kraznov

Re: GC 11 File Sizes

Post by Kraznov »

Hello. I've never used custom icons. I was looking at the settings for a few days but finally figured out that if I save a photo using "save as", instead of just closing and saving, that under options you can adjust the "quality" size. In the past I had that set to 100% but some how that was reset to 75% and I didn't realize that the setting had changed since I didn't adjust it. A recommendation would be to have a setting that allows that from the Preferences (Mac) where you can normally adjust things. It took me a long time to figure out the unique way to alter that other than the Preferences. Thanks.