[Solved] Photos too small on GC10/Sierra

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
Sinlahekin

[Solved] Photos too small on GC10/Sierra

Post by Sinlahekin »

When I open a photo in GC10.3.1 on OS 10.12.3, it's about half the size it is in GC 6.7.6, even though both versions of GC say the file is displayed at "100%". (To put it differently, GC10's "100%" is half the size of GC6's 100%.)

Haven't found anything to tweak in the GC10 preferences to get these photos to display at true full size.

Any hints? Thanks.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Photos too small on GC10/Sierra

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,
I think you have a retina display?
GraphicConverter 9 and later does support retina and displays at the native screen resolution. So, it is at 100% half the size.
Just go to the prefs part general/display content and select Always 200% if you want the old behaviour.
Thorsten
Sinlahekin

Post by Sinlahekin »

Thanks for your prompt reply, Thorsten. Yes, I do have a Retina display. I've been running GC6 on this same machine, but lost toolbox icons with the upgrade to Sierra.

Using 200% creates two problems: first, the photos are of lower quality than they are at 100% in GC6, and second, I can't have GC automatically "fit to screen" for larger photos, which then have to be adjusted by hand, which is onerous when I'm working with multiple files.

I only moved to GC10 because I lost those GC6 toolbox icons. (They're all generic GC icons now, so I can't tell what the tools are anymore without mousing over.) Can you tell me if GC7 or 8 also has the icon problem? If not I'll just drop down to the most recent version that still has icons.

Thanks!
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Hello,

GC6 does not run in retinae mode. So, the macOS make some antialiasing.

The best ist normally the 100% display in GC10. One pixel in the image does manage one pixel on the screen.

Normally even current iPhone images are large than the retina display size. So, they will use the maximum space.

Thorsten