Print scaling

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
UKenGB

Print scaling

Post by UKenGB »

Last year I designed a pattern that I printed, pasted to a sheet of carbon fibre and cut the CF to suit the shape and holes etc as laid out in the Cadintosh diagram. Worked perfectly and the resulting CF panel was exactly as required.

I just opened that file and moved some of the holes, but left the originals also displayed (for alignment purposes) and re-printed on the same printer. I then placed that over the CF panel I previously cut but am unable to line up the original holes on the paper with those in the CF. When I measure the printout, across about 200mm the image is about 1.5mm too large. The CF panel is exactly the correct size, therefore it must have printed correctly when I first designed and printed this last year. So...

What can have caused this scaling problem. I've never had it before, everything I designed in Cadintosh prints to the exact required size. Now, everything is being scaled up by almost 1%. Why and how can I stop it as it makes Cadintosh fairly useless if I cannot print at the correct size.

Any suggestions?
UKenGB

Re: Print scaling

Post by UKenGB »

In the Cadintosh design/file, there are 2 holes 144mm apart, centre to centre. When I printed this onto A4, using an HP Envy 5530, the 2 holes are 145.5mm CtoC.

I then printed onto an Apple LaserWriter 16/600 and the 2 holes are 144.5mm CtoC.

So the Laser is not as bad, but they're both wrong. I don't know about the laser as I used the HP last year and that MUST have been correct then as I have the CF panel that I cut then from a printout and its size is perfect.

What's going on here. Anyone?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Did you define a print area and select this area for printing?
UKenGB

Post by UKenGB »

Did you define a print area and select this area for printing?
Yes and made sure I did NOT select 'Complete drawing scaled to fit on one page'. I just printed the only print area I had defined - onto A4 paper.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Please e-mail your drawing for testing to lemke@lemkesoft.de
Also, please zip it.