[Closed] Option to use Trash when deleting files not working

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
tmatthews

[Closed] Option to use Trash when deleting files not working

Post by tmatthews »

Hello,

Just purchased the program a few days ago and love it so far.

Having an issue or I'm not understanding how deleting files in the browser is designed to work. In the browser, I can delete a file by using the right-click menu, the Delete key or the the Gear icon on the Menu bar. The file disappears from the browser and cannot be found anywhere. I can use the Edit/Undo Move to Trash command to recover it. My guess is that GC by default just deletes the file bypassing the Mac OS Finder Trash.

My issue is if I change the GC browser/edit preference to "use trash instead of recycle command" I get the same behavior. The file disappears from the browser, but never appears in the Mac OS Finder Trash for me to empty later. I also could not find any documentation on these file delete options (see attached screenshot). Does GC have some kind of "Trash" separate from the Mac OS that I'm missing?

FYI, I'm running Mac OS v10.12.5 on a MacBook Pro and GraphicConverter v10.4.2.

Thanks for the help

Todd
Attachments
GC Pref Option.jpeg
GC Pref Option.jpeg (48.81 KiB) Viewed 4195 times
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Option to use Trash when deleting files not working

Post by forum_adm »

Hello,

where is the file stored? On a local driver or a network drive?

Thorsten
tmatthews

Post by tmatthews »

This may have been a false alarm. When I originally had the issue (Sunday, the day I purchased GC), the files were on my MBP internal SSD and an external 4TB USB hard drive.

Today, when I was test deleting files, they now appeared in the trash as usual. This was with the preference "use trash instead of recycle command" either checked or unchecked. Before I saw the no trash behavior, I know I had rebooted the MBP after the GC install. The MBP has been rebooted a couple of times since Sunday.

Can't explain what happened, but I think I'll do a clean, fresh install of macOS High Sierra on this 2 year old MBP when it is released in September.

If you get a chance, could you explain a bit more about the Delete File preference. I didn't find much in the documentation.

Thank you

Todd
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

The trash command uses the older Carbon file manager API.
The recycle command uses the newer Cocoa API.
tmatthews

Re: [Closed] Option to use Trash when deleting files not working

Post by tmatthews »

Hi, thanks for the reply. You can mark this as solved or closed.
Todd