Making an 8 foot by 4 foot banner

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
John Kool

Making an 8 foot by 4 foot banner

Post by John Kool »

This may be beyond the scope of Graphic Converter.

I was trying to create a banner to use behind my band and send it to VistaPrint.

Since your text tool, fonts would only go to 1024 point, I created the banner at a smaller size and resolution, flattened the text in the alpha channel and then changed the resolution and size and resampled. (Not sure I am being clear. I am very inexperienced.)

Then I saved to pdf. (Often it would crash the program.) VistaPrint has a max file size of 32 megabytes. Increasing the resolution increased the file size but the pixel resolution remained the same, too low for such a big banner. I ended up paying VistaPrint $5.00 to fix it, which is cheap. But I am frustrated at myself for not being able to figure this out.
rgball99

Re: Making an 8 foot by 4 foot banner

Post by rgball99 »

A typical viewing distance for a 4'x8' banner would be 13-18'. From that distance the ppi resolution of the image should be about 21. Did you try and create a file with too many pixels for the needed image? A reference to selecting the appropriate ppi for different image sizes and viewing distances is here: http://www.photokaboom.com/photography/ ... stance.htm
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Making an 8 foot by 4 foot banner

Post by forum_adm »

You have to create a new image with enough resolution (i.e. 300 ppi).
Just select File/New and enter the data.
Now the text will be drawn with the high resolution.