[Solved] Graphic Converter 10 quit unexpectedly

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
CAPTAIN WALLEYE

[Solved] Graphic Converter 10 quit unexpectedly

Post by CAPTAIN WALLEYE »

I receive this error message immediately upon attempting to open the program...
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Graphic Converter 10 quit unexpectedly

Post by forum_adm »

Did you install the most recent version 10.5?
JamesInSanDiego

Post by JamesInSanDiego »

I have 10.4.1 installed. I'll download 10.5 now. Thanks.

Interesting. I believe I previously downloaded 10.4.1 from the GC website. I'm sure I have downloaded other versions from the Apple Store previously but the Apple Store never told me an update was available. I just went to the Apple Store even though I have no notice of an update but the Apple Store Button on the GC page on the Apple Store says Update not Download. The Apple Store application must not be smart enough to check which applications I have downloaded from an author's websites vs the Apple Store. My original purchased copy from years ago was done through the GC website. Oh well, GC 10.5 has nearly downloaded.
27" iMac 14,2 (late 2013) 3.5 GHz i7 24 GB RAM 3 TB Fusion Drive macOS High Sierra 10.13.2
13" MacBook Pro 14,2 (2017 Touch Bar) 3.3 GHz i5 16 GB RAM 512 GB SSD macOS Mohave 10.14 beta
iPad Pro 128 GB iOS 12.0 beta
iPhone X iOS 12.0 beta
JamesInSanDiego

I just tried downloading and opening the Apple Store version of GC 10.5 and got an error.

I tried to re-register it with my registration number but GC went real flakey. Time to start over and bypass the Apple Store.
27" iMac 14,2 (late 2013) 3.5 GHz i7 24 GB RAM 3 TB Fusion Drive macOS High Sierra 10.13.2
13" MacBook Pro 14,2 (2017 Touch Bar) 3.3 GHz i5 16 GB RAM 512 GB SSD macOS Mohave 10.14 beta
iPhone X iOS 12.0 beta
JamesInSanDiego

My GraphicConverter weirdness is solved.

This may not belong here but I thought I would write about my recent High Sierra installation experience.

Everything is happy now in GraphicConverter land. I uninstalled GC using the First Aid program then downloaded GC 10.5 from the Lemke website. I installed and everything is working nicely. Overnight I was thinking that a current High Sierra update may have caused the problem. I finally took the time to blow away the HD partition I had been using for the High Sierra beta and install a fresh copy of the released version. I used the migrate option available at the end of installing a macOS to save some time re-entering all the behind the scenes stuff. Unfortunately I found out the migration program seems to copy back some settings completely, some settings partially and some not at all. It is not very reliable. I find now that I probably am spending more time correcting the migration errors that I would have spent had I rebuilt the install from scratch. Oh well, lesson learned I guess.
iPhone X iOS 12.0 beta
SheriVan

Post by SheriVan »

JamesInSanDiego wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:22 am I just tried downloading and opening the Apple Store version of GC 10.5 and got an error.

I tried to re-register it with my registration number but GC went real flakey. Time to start over and bypass the Apple Store.
Apple uses your Apple ID to register App Store purchases, so the GC registration number probably won't work. The web store version is "different" from the App Store version because of the way Apple allows apps into the App Store. Functionality isn't different, but the software developers go through a special process to get the application into the App Store.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

The Mac App Store version has less functions than the normal version.
This is caused by the sandboxing and Apple restrictions.

Some of the limitations are:
no ECW import
no mrSID import
no PhotoCD import
no DXF/DWG/DXB import
no Next/Previous/Save & Next in the image window
no Split in the Save As dialog
no access to the complete filesystem in the browser - you have to add folder with drag & drop
no access to the dropbox, copy, skidrive, clouddrive folder
no support for Apple Remote
no access to the photostream
only support of Apple Mail to e-mail images