[Solved] How to set PNG resolution in batch conversion

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
k9gardner

[Solved] How to set PNG resolution in batch conversion

Post by k9gardner »

I have two questions in one:
First, I just confirmed that I can do a batch conversion on a multi-page PDF which will automatically export each page as a PNG. But I have looked everywhere, opening everything that looks like "preferences" or "options", trying to find where to set the resolution I want to use for these PNG files. I don't need them nearly as big as it is making them. I would like to control this but I can't find how.

Second, I thought I would do a search of these forums for answers to the above question, but I can't get beyond the first step. If I want to find answers for "set PNG resolution in batch conversion", what do I enter as my search criteria? I always get the response that the words I am using are too common so they are rejected. Yes, the words themselves are common, but you know, you put words together, and you get a phrase, which is pretty specific! What am I missing here?

Thanks.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: How to set PNG resolution in batch conversion

Post by forum_adm »

I posted a short tutorial movie at:
https://www.lemkesoft.info/forum_movies/pdf_to_png.mp4

That should explain it.
k9gardner

Re: [Solved] How to set PNG resolution in batch conversion

Post by k9gardner »

Should and does explain it! I think the biggest takeaway here is that the png (or other image format, I imagine) resolution is determined at the input side, not the output side. I was looking at the problem incorrectly, and so was probably looking for the solution in the wrong place.

Thank you so much for this.