GC 10.6.1 Preference Pane issue

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
acs

GC 10.6.1 Preference Pane issue

Post by acs »

Just upgraded from GC 9 and seem to have a small issue with the preference pane in this new version.

This is on a MacBook Air (MacBookAir7,1) with macOS 10.13.5

The 'Cancel' and 'Ok' at the bottom of the Preference pane are barely visible. I can see that they are there (maybe 3 pixels of the buttons) but the whole pane runs off the screen.

I'm assuming this is a bug. I haven't seen this issue in GC 9 (or any version between 6 and 8 that I've used in the past on this size screen, for that matter)

Fortunately, there's just enough of the buttons visible to click on if I'm careful (and fortunately I have my dock vertical because having it on the bottom makes it harder to click 'just right' on those buttons.)

If I hide the toolbar they show up completely but then I don't have the toolbar.

Is there any way to hide the icons in the preference pane toolbar and just have text? That should move the buttons up enough to be visible. I didn't see any settings for that. (And getting a new computer with a bigger screen isn't an option)

Thanks.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: GC 10.6.1 Preference Pane issue

Post by forum_adm »

Please go to the prefs part general/more misc and check the marked option.
That should fix your issue.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 08.34.51.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 08.34.51.jpg (130.31 KiB) Viewed 3279 times
acs

Re: GC 10.6.1 Preference Pane issue

Post by acs »

Thanks! Don't know how I missed that. That helps a lot.

Though, the General - "Display Windows", Convert - "General", and Browser - "Edit" option panes still has this problem after checking that, but not as bad. A bit more of the buttons at the bottom now show up instead of a small hard to click on sliver.