Convert images to 4x6 letterbox?

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
darinb

Convert images to 4x6 letterbox?

Post by darinb »

I have a large number of images I'd like to print out at Costco or similar place as 4x6 images, but I don't any any cropping of the image area--I want white space to fill in whatever area needed to make the ratio 4x6.

I see how to do the basic resize and fill with white space in GraphicConvertor but I'm not yet sure how to account for vertical prints--I want them printed "vertically" so that they are 6x4. What the right thing to so in this case in batch mode to account for both orientations?

Thanks,

--Darin
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Convert images to 4x6 letterbox?

Post by forum_adm »

Darin,

so, the printing company requires them all horizontal?

Just add the if / else / continue to your batch. So, you can rotate i.e. the portrait images before processing.

Thorsten
darinb

Post by darinb »

Well, I take it back. I don't know how to to the resize and fill with white step after all.

I've tried several different approaches in batch mode but I keep getting my images small, in the center of the 4x6 with generous white space all around.

What I need is the image "fitted" without cropping into the 4x6 area, with any leftover paper area filled with white. As I mentioned above, I would love for this batch process to automatically take into account vertical vs horizontal images.

Any pointers?

Thanks,

--Darin
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

I improved now the crop to ratio batch action.

Please download the latest BETA:
http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html

Install it and launch it.

Follow my short tutorial at: https://www.lemkesoft.info/forum_movies ... _ratio.mp4

Thorsten