[Solved] Is the "cocooner" real?

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
nerfer

[Solved] Is the "cocooner" real?

Post by nerfer »

I finally got around to reading the user manual (I still use 9.7, if it matters). It talks about the "cocooner" which supposedly can be used from the context menu to open a file, and it looks like another editing interface that is non-destructive. I don't see any way to invoke it as described, and I don't really see it mentioned here in the forums or elsewhere. Does it really exist?

Also, I see UB Version and X Version of GraphicConverter being mentioned, as having slightly different capabilities. Those terms aren't defined anywhere, anybody know what those are?

Thanks
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Is the "cocooner" real?

Post by forum_adm »

Just open a browser (File menu item Browser…).
Select one or more files and click onto the Cocooner icon.

Where are UB and X mentioned? That are outdated terms.
Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 07.28.06.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 07.28.06.jpg (74.22 KiB) Viewed 3032 times
nerfer

Re: [Solved] Is the "cocooner" real?

Post by nerfer »

Ah. I never used the browser from within GraphicConverter, I always used the Mac's finder, so when I read browser, that's what I was thinking of.

UB and X are in the 9.7.2 User Manual (which I think is the latest for 9.x), such as pages 283-285
But I decided to pay for the upgrade to 10, and see how that works. Hopefully the keyboard shortcuts are mostly the same, since I kind of have a routine now.

Thanks!