[Solved] Text Tool - Fill and Stroke techniques

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
DeweyV

[Solved] Text Tool - Fill and Stroke techniques

Post by DeweyV »

I use a LOT of text in photos.
I especially like to style the text , to the extent that GraphicConverter allows that , basically.

But I am having trouble with using the " Fill and Stroke " feature. I cannot determine the proper keystrokes to first select the Fill ( color of text font in image ) then the SAtroke ( color of outline for the text ). I cannot get the Colors I select to "stick " . It's worse when I change one or the other color... the selections just don't stay put. I highlight the box, select a color , only to have one or both Fill and Stroke color boxes go ga-ga.

Also, there seems to be no way to accurately preview the effect of the Stroke size. It looks one way on the screen, but when I Flatten the text to embed it in the image, the values change ( usually gets thicker ) . So I have to back up and start over using trial and error to finally get what I want

How does Fill and Stroke work ? What are the magic keystrokes...?

I looked in the Hagans Manual ( currently page 213-ish) and there is almost no documentation on how to use the more advanced features of Text Tool in GC 10.x.

Help!
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Text Tool - Fill and Stroke techniques

Post by forum_adm »

Thanks for your report.

Please download the latest BETA:
http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html

That should fix the issue.

Thorsten