[Solved] "Save for Web..." for BATCHES of images

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
phil39

[Solved] "Save for Web..." for BATCHES of images

Post by phil39 »

Dear GraphicConverter,

When editing a single image, GraphicConverter allows me to save the file for the web ("File > Save for Web..."). The options are simple and straightforward; "Scale longest side to...", "Sharpen __%", "Quality __%", etc. The options are limited, but they are wonderful; they are wonderful because the simplicity corresponds with what it is I am trying to do. On a regular basis, I need to import photos from my iPhone (heavy, high resolution JPEGs, now apparently HEIC files), and simply create lightweight web ready versions of those images, with a bare minimum of tweaking. All I want to do is scale them down, perhaps sharpen them, and set a JPEG quality level - and all that can be done with the "Save for Web..." option. My sense is that this type of image processing is quite common, since we can't all be emailing all of our friends and family members the original high res JPEGs that we have just imported from our iPhones. The images we share should be lightweight and portable, so that we don't clog up email accounts.

So my question: I would like to use this "Save for Web" routine on BATCHES of images. Is there a way for me to use this "Save for Web..." routine on a folder full of images? If so, how would I would I do that? Thank you very much for your advice.

Kind regards,

Phil
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: "Save for Web..." for BATCHES of images

Post by forum_adm »

Dear Phil,

yes, simple use the "Adjust for Web" batch action.

Just view our YouTube video if you need help on batch conversions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE5gLuxxnOo&t=52s

Thorsten
Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 21.22.22.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 21.22.22.jpg (60.12 KiB) Viewed 2994 times
phil39

Re: "Save for Web..." for BATCHES of images

Post by phil39 »

Dear Thorsten,

Thank you very much, that is very helpful, and works perfectly.

Kind regards,

Phil