Sharing services in GC 8 broken

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
scrutinizer1

Sharing services in GC 8 broken

Post by scrutinizer1 »

Hello,
I downloaded the most up-to-date version for my old system (Lion) which is 8 to discover that:
  • Flickr authentication fails to complete with "SSL required" alert. I see my user name in the corresponding section of "Accounts" pane but that's it, not possible to share to Flickr
  • Google+ authentication passes with success however it fails to upload to a new album (error -400) selected as an option in a sharing menu
Is there a workaround in the latter case (because I accept that without being supported GC 8 is deemed to remain insulated in older authentication protocol routines)?

Also, regarding Google Maps: is there a way to route mapping to other non-AppleMap services (like Bing) with GC 8?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Sharing services in GC 8 broken

Post by forum_adm »

Hallo,

sorry, there is no update available for the SDKs for that old macOS.

Also, the old map SDK did only support Google Maps. But they changed the API some time ago.

I suggest to upgrade to 10.11 or later. So, you can use GraphicConverter 10 with Apple Maps and current third party SDKs.

Thorsten