How to Search this Forum

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
GilDawson

How to Search this Forum

Post by GilDawson »

I wish to search this forum for discussions about the command "Merge open Pages into one Document", which is on the File Menu in GC 10.6.9. However, each of the words is too common and so ignored. I tried enclosing "Merge open Pages" in quotes, hoping that such would guide the search algorithm to search for the entire phrase, but it did not.

Might you have a suggestion as to how I could search for this topic?

I'm hoping to find discussions that will help me figure out how to control the sequence of the pages in the merged document. I have seven separate GC windows open. They merge just fine, but in a sequence I cannot seem to control.

--Gil
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: How to Search this Forum

Post by forum_adm »

The forum search offers the following options:
Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 16.59.49.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 16.59.49.jpg (121.07 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
GilDawson

Post by GilDawson »

Thanks for the reference.

I tried "+Merge +open +Pages", both with and without the double-quote marks. In both cases, all three words were ignored by the search function because each is too common.

Do you see another way to interpret this advanced instruction?

--Gil
GilDawson

Post by GilDawson »

BTW, I have through trial and error figgered out how to solve my problem.

Starting with only 2 pages, I ensured that the Page 1 window was in front of Page 2, then selected File/Merge open Pages into one Document. I got the two pages merged into one, in the correct order.

I then opened Page 3, ensured that the merged document was in front of Page 3, then selected the Merge command again. This produced a 3-page merged document with all 3 pages in the proper order.

I continued this pattern: open the next page; ensure that the merged document is in front, then select the Merge command again. Each new page was added at the end of the merged document.

--Gil
David Knodel

Post by David Knodel »

Gil,
It seems to work like 'Edit>Arrange files Side-by-Side (concatenate)..." where the order the files are opened determines the placement of the images in the resulting file. In that case the file opened first appears at the top and subsequently opened down (Vertical) and so left to right (Horizontal).
David