Version 10.7 crash

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
Xero

Version 10.7 crash

Post by Xero »

I am a long-time user of GC and I recently bought a new (late 2018) Mac Mini 6core and installed v. 10.7 on it from the App Store

It booted and I was able to open both JPGs and NEF files. However, after using it lightly for a while, I tried dragging a folder onto the GC icon in the dock to open a browser window. Instead of opening the browser window, the opening progress bar appeared and and continued to try and open the folder over and over unsuccessfully. Eventually, a dialog box appeared and said “The file “(null)” is damaged. Please delete the file and reinstall the application.”

So, I did a search for the file “(null)’ and there were hundreds of them! I didn’t find even one that looked like a GC file.

I deleted the GC application and downloaded the application again from the AppStore. The same problem occurred. I cannot even open GC now.

What should I do?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Version 10.7 crash

Post by forum_adm »

Thanks for your report.

Maybe the Apple sandboxing cause an issue. What happens if you give GraphicConverter 10.7 full disk access in the system settings?

Also, please try to trash the prefs with our First Aid Tool:
https://www.lemkesoft.info/files/graphi ... id_202.dmg

Thorsten
Xero

Re: Version 10.7 crash

Post by Xero »

Yes! Deleting the preferences file did the trick! Thank You! :D