Edit Complete Exif... - Search does not allowed manually typing in field

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
PakkyT

Edit Complete Exif... - Search does not allowed manually typing in field

Post by PakkyT »

Hi,

Long time GC user. Just got a new 2019 iMac replacing a 2009 iMac and such I also upgraded from CG 9 to 11. Anyway, this is an issue that exists in version 9 as well, but thought I would finally bring up this bug (?) which is a bit annoying.

I use the Edit Complete Exif... feature quite a bit that I even assigned a keyboard shortcut to it for quick access. When the window is showing the complete list of Exif fields you can select one for editing and then type in whatever you want and it works fine. Yay!

However if you use the search bar to pull up specific fields, while those filtered fields are shown below if you try to edit them you are allowed ONE keystroke only, which is accepted and the editing ended. For example, i want to add "Olympus" to a field, as soon as I type "O" that is all that goes in. The work around is you have to first put "Olympus" into the clipboard, then select the field and do a paste. Can this be fixed so that with a filtered list of Exif fields you can manually type in more than one character?

Also, not a big deal, but the search field is case sensitive and the Exif fields have specific upper and lower case characters. Can the search function be changed to not be case sensitive? Example if I search for "Author" I get shown 3 fields. But "author" brings up none of them.

Thank you,
Patrick

p.s. registered today for these forums, but was a long time user/poster on the old Yahoo forum.
PakkyT

Re: Edit Complete Exif... - Search does not allowed manually typing in field

Post by PakkyT »

Can this be fixed so that with a filtered list of Exif fields you can manually type in more than one character?
Just wanted to follow up and see if what I described above is normal behavior? And can it be changed on a future GC release?