Mac Catalina problems

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
dsbenson

Mac Catalina problems

Post by dsbenson »

Since the update to Catalina, I'm experiencing two issues with GC11.1.1:

1) When browsing a folder of images, any change to that folder at the Finder level loses the context of the images being browsed.
Steps:
[*]Browse a folder "A" of images within a Downloads folder using GC.
[*]While browsing that folder of images, download another folder of images "B" to the parent Downloads folder
Result: as soon as the new folder "B" of images is added to the Downloads folder in the Finder, the folder "A" you're browsing will switch to show the root of your computer, losing your context.
Expected: This appears to be a new issue in Catalina. A change to a different folder should not affect the folder I'm browsing.

2) After adding the GC app icon to the toolbar of a Finder window, you can no longer drag a folder onto that icon.
Steps:
[*]Open a Finder window and right-click the toolbar at the top of the window
[*]Choose "Customize Toolbar" then drag the GC app onto the toolbar, to add its icon to the window's top toolbar. Click the Done button.
[*]Drag a folder of images onto the GC icon in the Finder window's toolbar.
Result: You cannot drop the folder of images onto the GC icon. (You CAN drag individual images onto the icon)
Expected: Should be able to drag a folder onto the GC icon in the toolbar, just like dragging it onto the GC icon in the Dock, to open that folder in Browser view. This also worked pre-Catalina. I've seen other apps that can still accept a dragged folder in Catalina, so this doesn't appear to be generally broken by the OS.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Mac Catalina problems

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,

I checked your report.

1) I can't reproduce this here on 10.15.2. Do you use the normal or the Mac App Store version? Did you grant full disk access to GraphicConverter?

2) This should be fixed with the latest BETA:
http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html

Thorsten
dsbenson

Re: Mac Catalina problems

Post by dsbenson »

Thanks Thorsten!
I can see #2 is indeed fixed.
I’ll recheck my steps on #1 when I’m home from traveling.

thanks for your responsiveness, as always!