FaceID recognizes but doesn't effectively group

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
Pigankle

FaceID recognizes but doesn't effectively group

Post by Pigankle »

ImageI have been trying to get FaceID working. I upgraded to Catalina to get the most up-to-date version of it. (Goodbye, useful iTunes) I am on GC11.2.
FaceID seems to do a pretty good job of identifying when there is a face present. A few too many false positives, but not many false negatives.

What it doesn't seem to be doing is grouping similar faces. I had it run on a big collection of photos overnight, and there are now 2000+ "Unknown" faces. But 1900 of them are of my immediate family ~10 people. How do I get it to recognize clusters of similar recognized faces to I don't have to manually type in my wife's name 2000 times?

It seems like the issue might be the "Similarity" setting...but what is reasonable there? I don't want to guess and check to many times, because it takes several hours to scan the photo collection each time I try.Here is a sample of the results at 70% similarity. Obviously two photos are not faces, and the other three are the same baby. #14 and #18 look particularly similar to me.
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 9.42.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 9.42.43 AM.png (135.2 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: FaceID recognizes but doesn't effectively group

Post by forum_adm »

Please forward some of the baby photos to support@lemkesoft.com