[Solved] Is snap-to-grid broken?

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
tomory

[Solved] Is snap-to-grid broken?

Post by tomory »

I'm evaluating GraphicConverter 10.7.5 (3483). I'm editing a large png (3k x 6k pixels). I want to move a selection in precise increments. "Snap-to"-type functionality would be ideal for this. However, it doesn't seem to work. No matter which kind of snap I enable (with grid, without grid), and no matter what values I use in Grid Options, movement is still not snapping. Is this feature broken in this version/build?

(While on the topic of snapping, it would be super useful to snap to other things, too, such as virtual lines, autodetected object boundaries, etc.)
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Is snap-to-grid broken?

Post by forum_adm »

Moving a selection with the mouse gives it to the Apple drag and drop manager. So, GraphicConverter has no control about the move.

Just use the cursor keys for moving exactly.
Cursor key moves selection by one pixel.
Shift cursor key moves selection by five pixels.

Thorsten
tomory

Post by tomory »

Thank you for the reply. That makes sense.

Do other programs implement drag-and-drop in a different way? I seem to remember, at some point in the distant past, having been able to do this. (I don't recall which software, and I could also just be mis-remembering.)
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

That was at MacOS 9 days.