problem with gps and tiffs in 6.3

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
itabashinoyatsu

problem with gps and tiffs in 6.3

Post by itabashinoyatsu »

Hi everybody! The version history says that with version 6.3 set gps supports now tiffs, too (UB) I have many scanned tiffs, and I tried to set gps coordinates for them from the browser, using the menu item "Set gps from current GoogleEarth position". The menu item is not dimmed, but the coordinates do not stick. When I close the browser and open it again, there are no coordinates any more. I wonder if my version is UB. I downloaded it as "gc63ub.dmg". Still, when I ask "About GraphicConverter" from the GC menu I get "6.3 PPC". Best regards, Gianluca
Hagen Henke

Re: problem with gps and tiffs in 6.3

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello,the UB version has both codes inside. The one for PPC and the one for Intel. If you use a Power Mac with Motorola processor the UB version starts as PPC. Thorsten will care for the Geo-Tif problem after the Macworld I think.Regards, Hagen HenkeAm 28.12.2008 um 23:26 schrieb itabashinoyatsu: Hi everybody!The version history says that with version 6.3set gps supports now tiffs, too (UB)I have many scanned tiffs, and I tried to set gps coordinates for themfrom the browser, using the menu item "Set gps fromcurrent GoogleEarth position".The menu item is not dimmed, but the coordinates do not stick.When I close the browser and open it again, there are no coordinatesany more.I wonder if my version is UB. I downloaded it as "gc63ub.dmg" .Still, when I ask "About GraphicConverter" from the GC menuI get "6.3 PPC".Best regards,Gianluca
thorstenlemke

Re: problem with gps and tiffs in 6.3

Post by thorstenlemke »

Re: [gcmac] problem with gps and tiffs in 6.3 Hello, Can I get a sample tiff? Thorsten Hi everybody! The version history says that with version 6.3 set gps supports now tiffs, too (UB) I have many scanned tiffs, and I tried to set gps coordinates for them from the browser, using the menu item "Set gps from current GoogleEarth position". The menu item is not dimmed, but the coordinates do not stick. When I close the browser and open it again, there are no coordinates any more. I wonder if my version is UB. I downloaded  it as "gc63ub.dmg". Still, when  I ask "About GraphicConverter" from the GC menu I get "6.3 PPC". Best regards, Gianluca