picture file problem

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Nelsn Helm

picture file problem

Post by Nelsn Helm »

I don't think this is a GC problem, but this group knows so much… When the RAM card was in the (connected) camera, GC could not see it; said to connect the camera before attempting to download. When I put the RAM in a port in my printer, I could open it as a disk, but "read only." I managed to get the pix to my hard drive. The camera _can_ write to the card, but I cannot. I have "low level reformatted" several times. Disk help programs on the mac don't touch it. Once the pix were on my HD, CG could not change their names. It runs down the list as if it were changing the names, but the names do not change. I changed the names manually, then converted, but the new format pix had the original names, not the changed names. The good news is that GC did convert them from jpg to tiff and back. On my desktop, I find: > 11/6/14 2:09 PM > Volumes/…/IMG_3552.JPG > System error "Bad file name; there may be no name (-37)" occurred > in document “IMG_3477.JPG”. > > 11/6/14 2:09 PM > Volumes/S…/IMG_3552.JPG > System error "Bad file name; there may be no name (-37)" occurred > in document “IMG_3478.JPG”. Do I need a new RAM card? a new camera? What's going on. Nelsn Helm 716-357-5799 helmkyny@clockwinders.net