time zone management

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
itabashinoyatsu

time zone management

Post by itabashinoyatsu »

Hi, I have some puzzles with time zones: 1) how do I tell GC7 to show the *local time* of the picture in the browser window? Right now it shows my Brasilian pictures with the Italian time. 2) Some other Brasilian pictures were imported in a different way, and GC7 displays the EXIF (local) time as if it were the Italian time. How do I adjust the time zone of a picture? 3) In general, where is the time zone information stored? I can't find it in the EXIF. My camera (Canon PowerShot G12) can set the time zone in the tools, but I don't know if the information is recorded in the EXIF. Also, GC6 asks me to set the time difference when importing pictures. Does that override the camera settings? Off topic: when I click on the gps tag in the browser icons, GC7 opens the location in GoogleMaps. How do I instruct GC7 to open the location in *GoogleEarth* instead? Best regards, Gianluca
thorstenlemke

Re: time zone management

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Many thanks for your e-mail. Which fields do you display. The EXIF data do not support timezones, yet. So, this does display the entered time of the camera (without any timezone data). Thorsten > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:41:35 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] time zone management > > Hi, > > I have some puzzles with time zones: > > 1) how do I tell GC7 to show the *local time* of the picture in the browser > window? Right now it shows my Brasilian pictures with the Italian time. > > 2) Some other Brasilian pictures were imported in a different way, and GC7 > displays the EXIF (local) time as if it were the Italian time. How do I adjust > the time zone of a picture? > > 3) In general, where is the time zone information stored? I can't find it in > the EXIF. My camera (Canon PowerShot G12) can set the time zone in the tools, > but I don't know if the information is recorded in the EXIF. Also, GC6 asks me > to set the time difference when importing pictures. Does that override the > camera settings? > > Off topic: when I click on the gps tag in the browser icons, GC7 opens the > location in GoogleMaps. How do I instruct GC7 to open the location in > *GoogleEarth* instead? > > Best regards, > Gianluca > >