Sharpness slider has no effect

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

Re: Sharpness slider has no effect

Post by Robert Poland »

Thanks Thorsten, The effect of the Sharpen was so slight I didn't see it before. On Nov 8, 2011, at 12:45 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hello, > > Hmm, I am a bit confused. It works here. > > I attached a movie. > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta/GraphicCo ... apz001.mov > > Thorsten > > > >> Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> >> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >> Datum: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 06:46:40 -0700 >> An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >> Betreff: Re: [gcmac] Sharpness slider has no effect >> >> >> On Nov 8, 2011, at 12:40 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: >> >>> Hello, >>> >>> Do you view at 100% ? >>> >>> Thorsten >>> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Jim King

Post by Jim King »

Dear Thorsten,As Robert Poland noted, the sharpening effect is so slight that I, too, did not notice it until now.  Compared to the sharpening slider in other programs such as iPhoto it is so subtle as to be almost useless to me.  Might it be possible to increase the effect of this slider so that it is more useful?  Thanks.Regards, JimOn Nov 9, 2011, at 6:34 AM, gcmac@yahoogroups.com wrote: Re: Sharpness slider has no effectPosted by: "Thorsten Lemke" lemke@lemkesoft.de   thorstenlemkeTue Nov 8, 2011 11:45 am (PST)Hello,Hmm, I am a bit confused. It works here.I attached a movie.http://www.lemkesof t.org/beta/ GraphicConverter ScreenSnapz001. movThorsten> Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa. net>> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups. com>> Datum: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 06:46:40 -0700> An: <gcmac@yahoogroups. com>> Betreff: Re: [gcmac] Sharpness slider has no effect> > > On Nov 8, 2011, at 12:40 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:> >> Hello,>> >> Do you view at 100% ?>> >> Thorsten *****No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we are looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs; we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed, and love of power.
dknodel@swbell.net

Post by dknodel@swbell.net »

Hmmm that slider in adjust works for me, but the I notice the sharpening is much more subtle than using Effect>Unsharp Mask.I have wondered what the difference is in the algorithms (but the explanation is probably over my head :)  )DavidFrom: Jim King <jamesk8752@comcast.net>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 21:03:51 -0500To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: [gcmac] Sharpness slider has no effect   After I updated to GC7 b137 this evening I attempted to sharpen an image opened from the browser window, using the Sharpness slider in the Adjust panel, and observed no sharpening of the image no matter what percentage sharpening I set.I usually do not use this Browser tool so I don't know how long this problem has existed, but I tried it in GC7 b211 (the oldest version I still have) as well as b136, and saw the same behavior.Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?Regards, Jim*****No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we are looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs; we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed, and love of power.