Change orientation value action

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
dvaskins

Change orientation value action

Post by dvaskins »

What exactly does this do? Is this supposed to change the EXIF value? I see no effect when I try to enter various values. Thanks. v7.6.1 on Lion
thorstenlemke

Re: Change orientation value action

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Yes, it does set only the exif orientation tag value to the entered value. Thorsten > Von: dvaskins <egroups@askins.org> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 00:20:59 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Change orientation value action > > What exactly does this do? Is this supposed to change the EXIF value? I see no > effect when I try to enter various values. > > Thanks. > > v7.6.1 on Lion >
dvaskins

Post by dvaskins »

Thanks for the quick reply. That doesn't seem to be the case for me. No matter how often I use it to change a portrait picture too 8, it stubbornly remains at 1. Is there another step I'm missing? --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > Yes, it does set only the exif orientation tag value to the entered value. > > Thorsten > > > > > Von: dvaskins <egroups@...> > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Datum: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 00:20:59 -0000 > > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Betreff: [gcmac] Change orientation value action > > > > What exactly does this do? Is this supposed to change the EXIF value? I see no > > effect when I try to enter various values. > > > > Thanks. > > > > v7.6.1 on Lion > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, Can I get the file? Thorsten > Von: dvaskins <egroups@askins.org> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 15:42:37 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: Change orientation value action > > Thanks for the quick reply. > > That doesn't seem to be the case for me. No matter how often I use it to > change a portrait picture too 8, it stubbornly remains at 1. > > Is there another step I'm missing? > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: >> >> Hello, >> >> Yes, it does set only the exif orientation tag value to the entered value. >> >> Thorsten >> >>
dvaskins

Post by dvaskins »

Added to the Files area under "Re: Change orientation value action". I'll add that this isn't the only file I have this issue with. Thanks for your help. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > Can I get the file? > > Thorsten > > > > > Von: dvaskins <egroups@...> > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Datum: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 15:42:37 -0000 > > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: Change orientation value action > > > > Thanks for the quick reply. > > > > That doesn't seem to be the case for me. No matter how often I use it to > > change a portrait picture too 8, it stubbornly remains at 1. > > > > Is there another step I'm missing? > > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote: > >> > >> Hello, > >> > >> Yes, it does set only the exif orientation tag value to the entered value. > >> > >> Thorsten > >> > >> >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, I checked it with the exif tool The change of the orientation tag is applied to the file. Thorsten > Von: dvaskins <egroups@askins.org> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 16:53:43 -0000 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: Change orientation value action > > Added to the Files area under "Re: Change orientation value action". > > I'll add that this isn't the only file I have this issue with. > > Thanks for your help. > > >
dvaskins

Post by dvaskins »

Interesting. The change is not showing in the EXIF information tab in GC itself. Thanks for your help. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > I checked it with the exif tool > > The change of the orientation tag is applied to the file. > > Thorsten > > > > Von: dvaskins <egroups@...> > > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Datum: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 16:53:43 -0000 > > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > > Betreff: [gcmac] Re: Change orientation value action > > > > Added to the Files area under "Re: Change orientation value action". > > > > I'll add that this isn't the only file I have this issue with. > > > > Thanks for your help. > > > > > > >