Fuzzy Dock icon

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

Fuzzy Dock icon

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Any thoughts/cures on the fuzzy GC icon on the Dock? Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Re: Fuzzy Dock icon

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert, No idea, yet. Thorsten > Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 14:29:13 -0700 > An: GcMac <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Fuzzy Dock icon > > Thorsten, > > Any thoughts/cures on the fuzzy GC icon on the Dock? > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO > > >
Brian Christmas

Post by Brian Christmas »

On 04/03/2012, at 6:53 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hi Robert, No idea, yet. Thorsten > Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 14:29:13 -0700 > An: GcMac <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] Fuzzy Dock icon > > Thorsten, > > Any thoughts/cures on the fuzzy GC icon on the Dock? > > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO > > G'day RobertI had the same low res image in my dock icon when I had trouble with the squares around my icons some time back.Clearing the Caches with Onyx, and I think a re-boot as well, set the GC dock icon to high res.the caches I cleared are1 Quicktime components2 Audio components3 Other componentsRegardsSanta
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thanks Santa,FYI; Using Onyx to clear caches forces a restart.Didn't help.Google, Hagens Manual or I have no idea how to "set the GC dock icon to high res"???On Mar 4, 2012, at 1:11 AM, Brian Christmas wrote: On 04/03/2012, at 6:53 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:Hi Robert,No idea, yet.Thorsten> Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net>> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>> Datum: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 14:29:13 -0700> An: GcMac <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>> Betreff: [gcmac] Fuzzy Dock icon> > Thorsten,> > Any thoughts/cures on the fuzzy GC icon on the Dock?> > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO> > G'day RobertI had the same low res image in my dock icon when I had trouble with the squares around my icons some time back.Clearing the Caches with Onyx, and I think a re-boot as well, set the GC dock icon to high res.the caches I cleared are1 Quicktime components2 Audio components3 Other componentsRegardsSanta Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
David L. Wasley

Post by David L. Wasley »

The GC icon in my dock is full resolution but here's what I would try in your case.Find GC in your Apps folder.   Don't open it; simply use the Finder (icon view) zoom option to make the icon(s) 512x512.If that looks OK, then go to the dock; drag the (fuzzy) GC icon off of the dock; drag the GC app icon onto the dock.If that fixes the fuzzy problem, then the question remains 'what was wrong in the first place?'  Probably a Finder issue... David On Mar 3, 2012, at 1:29 PM, Robert Poland wrote:   Thorsten, Any thoughts/cures on the fuzzy GC icon on the Dock? Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thanks David,That fixed it.Interesting thing, The "icon view" icon has a ruler at the bottom and the "dock view" icon does not. On Mar 4, 2012, at 10:29 AM, David L. Wasley wrote:The GC icon in my dock is full resolution but here's what I would try in your case.Find GC in your Apps folder.   Don't open it; simply use the Finder (icon view) zoom option to make the icon(s) 512x512.If that looks OK, then go to the dock; drag the (fuzzy) GC icon off of the dock; drag the GC app icon onto the dock.If that fixes the fuzzy problem, then the question remains 'what was wrong in the first place?'  Probably a Finder issue... DavidOn Mar 3, 2012, at 1:29 PM, Robert Poland wrote:Thorsten,Any thoughts/cures on the fuzzy GC icon on the Dock?Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO