GC 8.0 (809 un-sandboxed)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

GC 8.0 (809 un-sandboxed)

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Thought this version looked good so I dumped version 7 rather than deal with GC 7 constantly opening. Now I find problems… The Rotate with line rotates backwards. The Rotate with line… also rotates backward, but at least I can reverse the sign of the degrees to correct it. Selecting Effect/Black&White/Threshold… from a 600 DPI .tif, 6.7 mil colors doesn't seem to do anything. At least it stays in 6.7 mil colors. Changed to 300 dpi, Threshold still does nothing. I tried another picture and it looks like it did change to Black&White but remained in 6.7 mil colors along with it's enormous size. TIA, Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 8.0 (809 un-sandboxed)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, I fixed the rotation issue now. I can`t reproduce the other issue. The treshold function does keep the millions of colors - but the image get b&w. Thorsten > Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 07:28:24 -0600 > An: GcMac <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: [gcmac] GC 8.0 (809 un-sandboxed) > > Thorsten, > > Thought this version looked good so I dumped version 7 rather than deal with > GC 7 constantly opening. > > Now I find problemsŠ > > The Rotate with line rotates backwards. > > The Rotate with lineŠ also rotates backward, but at least I can reverse the > sign of the degrees to correct it. > > Selecting Effect/Black&White/ThresholdŠ from a 600 DPI .tif, 6.7 mil colors > doesn't seem to do anything. At least it stays in 6.7 mil colors. > Changed to 300 dpi, Threshold still does nothing. > > I tried another picture and it looks like it did change to Black&White but > remained in 6.7 mil colors along with it's enormous size. >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, That defeats the whole purpose of the threshold command. Converting to Black&White and 1 bit tends to greatly reduce the size go the file. On Apr 4, 2012, at 7:55 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hi, > > I fixed the rotation issue now. > > I can`t reproduce the other issue. > The treshold function does keep the millions of colors - but the image get > b&w. > > Thorsten > > >> Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> >> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >> Datum: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 07:28:24 -0600 >> An: GcMac <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >> Betreff: [gcmac] GC 8.0 (809 un-sandboxed) >> >> Thorsten, >> >> Thought this version looked good so I dumped version 7 rather than deal with >> GC 7 constantly opening. >> >> Now I find problems… >> >> The Rotate with line rotates backwards. >> >> The Rotate with line… also rotates backward, but at least I can reverse the >> sign of the degrees to correct it. >> >> Selecting Effect/Black&White/Threshold… from a 600 DPI .tif, 6.7 mil colors >> doesn't seem to do anything. At least it stays in 6.7 mil colors. >> Changed to 300 dpi, Threshold still does nothing. >> >> I tried another picture and it looks like it did change to Black&White but >> remained in 6.7 mil colors along with it's enormous size. >> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, Just change the color mode to b&w after the command. Thoresten > Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 08:21:16 -0600 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] GC 8.0 (809 un-sandboxed) > > Thorsten, > > That defeats the whole purpose of the threshold command. > > Converting to Black&White and 1 bit tends to greatly reduce the size go the > file.
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

On Apr 4, 2012, at 8:27 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hi, > > Just change the color mode to b&w after the command. That is not an option, Grayscale is as close as is allowed. > Thoresten > > >> Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> >> Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >> Datum: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 08:21:16 -0600 >> An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> >> Betreff: Re: [gcmac] GC 8.0 (809 un-sandboxed) >> >> Thorsten, >> >> That defeats the whole purpose of the threshold command. >> >> Converting to Black&White and 1 bit tends to greatly reduce the size go the >> file. Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert, Yes, that is due the use of Cocoa now as backend. The Cocoa/Quartz calls do only support grayscale, rgb or cmyk. Indexed colors (like one bit) are not supported. I do such a conversion only manually upon save. Thorsten > Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 15:58:29 -0600 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] GC 8.0 (809 un-sandboxed) > > > On Apr 4, 2012, at 8:27 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> Just change the color mode to b&w after the command. > > That is not an option, Grayscale is as close as is allowed. > >> Thoresten
Roberto Manuel Latorre

Post by Roberto Manuel Latorre »

What does "un-sandboxed" mean? Hope is the feeling one has, that the feeling one has is temporary.Remember, you're unique, just like everybody else. From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 4:30 AM Subject: Re: [gcmac] GC 8.0 (809 un-sandboxed)   Hi Robert, Yes, that is due the use of Cocoa now as backend. The Cocoa/Quartz calls do only support grayscale, rgb or cmyk. Indexed colors (like one bit) are not supported. I do such a conversion only manually upon save. Thorsten > Von: Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 15:58:29 -0600 > An: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] GC 8.0 (809 un-sandboxed) > > > On Apr 4, 2012, at 8:27 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> Just change the color mode to b&w after the command. > > That is not an option, Grayscale is as close as is allowed. > >> Thoresten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi, One version runs on the sandbox (with limited access from the system to other resources) and the other runs without any limitations. Thorsten > Von: Roberto Manuel Latorre <ronin55calo@yahoo.com> > Antworten an: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Datum: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:25:32 -0700 (PDT) > An: "gcmac@yahoogroups.com" <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> > Betreff: Re: [gcmac] GC 8.0 (809 un-sandboxed) > > What does "un-sandboxed" mean? >