GC8 Picture>Color options missing?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
rpattay

GC8 Picture>Color options missing?

Post by rpattay »

Hi, just dl'ed 8 and cannot find all the options under Picture>Color that 7 has. Maybe I'm just blind but can't find them anywhere. Previous menu options included: changing to Grayscale (4, 16, 256 Grays), Dither, changing the Color Table, and changing the Bit depth. Where'd they go? Thanks. Love GC and have been using it for years.
thorstenlemke

Re: GC8 Picture>Color options missing?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,GC8 does have a complete rewritten backend in Cocoa.So, I can use only the native color spaces (grays, millions of colors).So, just use the V7 if you need the old palette modes.Thorsten On 20.05.2012, at 00:06, rpattay wrote:   Hi, just dl'ed 8 and cannot find all the options under Picture>Color that 7 has. Maybe I'm just blind but can't find them anywhere. Previous menu options included: changing to Grayscale (4, 16, 256 Grays), Dither, changing the Color Table, and changing the Bit depth. Where'd they go? Thanks. Love GC and have been using it for years.
rpattay

Re: GC8 Picture>Color options missing?

Post by rpattay »

Thanks for the info. That option is useful though - when trying to make the smallest png for example, one can often shrink the colorspace to make a file 20-50% smaller with very small to almost no perceptible visual change. Is this something that might come to v8.x via some cocoa workaround or is v7 the soln? I'll certainly hold on to v7 in any event, just hate to lose features in an upgrade. Thanks. Rob --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > GC8 does have a complete rewritten backend in Cocoa. > > So, I can use only the native color spaces (grays, millions of colors). > > So, just use the V7 if you need the old palette modes. > > Thorsten > > On 20.05.2012, at 00:06, rpattay wrote: > > > Hi, just dl'ed 8 and cannot find all the options under Picture>Color that 7 has. Maybe I'm just blind but can't find them anywhere. Previous menu options included: changing to Grayscale (4, 16, 256 Grays), Dither, changing the Color Table, and changing the Bit depth. Where'd they go? > > > > Thanks. Love GC and have been using it for years. > > > > >