Background image for folder window

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

Background image for folder window

Post by Robert Poland »

Tinkers, Could one of you geeks share with the rest of us a method used to create an image for the background of a folder window. Like the window that opens when the GC.DMG is opened. TIA, Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Brian Christmas

Re: Background image for folder window

Post by Brian Christmas »

G'day Robert1. Open the window2. Choose the top 'View' menu3. from the 'View' menu, choose 'Show View Options'.4. Click on 'Background: Picture'5 Drag a prepared 72 dpi image to the 'Drag Image Here' boxRegardsSanta On 21/05/2012, at 1:07 PM, Robert Poland wrote:   Tinkers, Could one of you geeks share with the rest of us a method used to create an image for the background of a folder window. Like the window that opens when the GC.DMG is opened. TIA, Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thanks Santa,That's almost to easy.Sent from my iPadBob Poland On May 20, 2012, at 9:13 PM, Brian Christmas <ozsanta@gmail.com> wrote: G'day Robert1. Open the window2. Choose the top 'View' menu3. from the 'View' menu, choose 'ShowSanta, View Options'.4. Click on 'Background: Picture'5 Drag a prepared 72 dpi image to the 'Drag Image Here' boxRegardsSantaOn 21/05/2012, at 1:07 PM, Robert Poland wrote:   Tinkers, Could one of you geeks share with the rest of us a method used to create an image for the background of a folder window. Like the window that opens when the GC.DMG is opened. TIA, Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Santa, Now I have a picture, about 4" X 3", 500 DPI. It appears in the upper left corner of a Finder window (556 X 379 pixels), how do I position it on the Finder window. TIA, On May 20, 2012, at 9:13 PM, Brian Christmas wrote: > > > G'day Robert > > 1. Open the window > 2. Choose the top 'View' menu > 3. from the 'View' menu, choose 'Show View Options'. > 4. Click on 'Background: Picture' > 5 Drag a prepared 72 dpi image to the 'Drag Image Here' box > > Regards > > Santa > > > > On 21/05/2012, at 1:07 PM, Robert Poland wrote: > > Tinkers, > > Could one of you geeks share with the rest of us a method used to create an image for the background of a folder window. > > Like the window that opens when the GC.DMG is opened. > > TIA, > > Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
Brian Christmas

Post by Brian Christmas »

On 21/05/2012, at 11:34 PM, Robert Poland wrote:G'day Robert.You can't. Top Left positioning is automatic. If you want white space around the top and/or left of the image, you have to make those parts of the image white.RegardsSanta   Santa, Now I have a picture, about 4" X 3", 500 DPI. It appears in the upper left corner of a Finder window (556 X 379 pixels), how do I position it on the Finder window. TIA, On May 20, 2012, at 9:13 PM, Brian Christmas wrote: > > > G'day Robert > > 1. Open the window > 2. Choose the top 'View' menu > 3. from the 'View' menu, choose 'Show View Options'. > 4. Click on 'Background: Picture' > 5 Drag a prepared 72 dpi image to the 'Drag Image Here' box > > Regards > > Santa > > > 
David L. Wasley

Post by David L. Wasley »

And of course if the viewer changes the size of the Finder window, white space won't keep the image centered and in fact the image would be cropped if the window gets smaller.Apple would have to build in an "auto-size / auto-center" function which seems of little real world use. David On May 21, 2012, at 4:36 PM, Brian Christmas wrote:   On 21/05/2012, at 11:34 PM, Robert Poland wrote:G'day Robert.You can't. Top Left positioning is automatic. If you want white space around the top and/or left of the image, you have to make those parts of the image white.RegardsSanta   Santa, Now I have a picture, about 4" X 3", 500 DPI. It appears in the upper left corner of a Finder window (556 X 379 pixels), how do I position it on the Finder window. TIA, On May 20, 2012, at 9:13 PM, Brian Christmas wrote: > > > G'day Robert > > 1. Open the window > 2. Choose the top 'View' menu > 3. from the 'View' menu, choose 'Show View Options'. > 4. Click on 'Background: Picture' > 5 Drag a prepared 72 dpi image to the 'Drag Image Here' box > > Regards > > Santa > > >