Browser prefs : open the following browser / GC8

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Petri

Browser prefs : open the following browser / GC8

Post by Petri »

Hello, I am coming back with a request I already had for GC7. Hope this time I am not the only one who is requesting it :-) When I used the GC in front of the clients I don't want them to see the last folder I opened, which could be the work of another client, I just want the browser to open "my pictures" folder.. In GC6, in the browser prefs, we can choose the way the browser opens up when we launch GC. Could we have the same choices in GC8 prefs in Browser-Misc ? -not to open -open at the last location -open at the following location (select folder)
Jim Tuttle

Re: Browser prefs : open the following browser / GC8

Post by Jim Tuttle »

If you're using your Mac professionally, consider investing in the app "Default Folder" (no affiliation). You can set this type of default folder action for ANY app, on a per-app basis. Definitely a staple in the Mac app community. Not that GC couldn't (re)implement this feature, but I have to think this would be useful for other apps too in your situation. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "Petri" <petri71@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I am coming back with a request I already had for GC7. Hope this time I am not the only one who is requesting it :-) > When I used the GC in front of the clients I don't want them to see the last folder I opened, which could be the work of another client, I just want the browser to open "my pictures" folder.. > > In GC6, in the browser prefs, we can choose the way the browser opens up when we > launch GC. > > Could we have the same choices in GC8 prefs in Browser-Misc ? > > -not to open > -open at the last location > -open at the following location (select folder) >
Petri

Post by Petri »

Thank you Jim, I am not really interested in Default Folder... Don't want to use another "open menu"...I don't really need it of any other app. I just want to be able to click on the GC icon and it opens at the root of my images folder... --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Tuttle" <jimtut@...> wrote: > > If you're using your Mac professionally, consider investing in the app "Default Folder" (no affiliation). You can set this type of default folder action for ANY app, on a per-app basis. Definitely a staple in the Mac app community. > > Not that GC couldn't (re)implement this feature, but I have to think this would be useful for other apps too in your situation. > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "Petri" <petri71@> wrote: > > > > Hello, > > > > I am coming back with a request I already had for GC7. Hope this time I am not the only one who is requesting it :-) > > When I used the GC in front of the clients I don't want them to see the last folder I opened, which could be the work of another client, I just want the browser to open "my pictures" folder.. > > > > In GC6, in the browser prefs, we can choose the way the browser opens up when we > > launch GC. > > > > Could we have the same choices in GC8 prefs in Browser-Misc ? > > > > -not to open > > -open at the last location > > -open at the following location (select folder) > > >
Jim Tuttle

Post by Jim Tuttle »

It's not really a new Open dialog.  It enhances all Open/Save dialogs.  It stays out of the way, unless you want to do something like set a Default Folder for the current app.  Hopefully this screenshot comes thru OK: Thanks,   Jim On May 24, 2012, at 11:29 PM, Petri wrote:   Thank you Jim, I am not really interested in Default Folder... Don't want to use another "open menu"...I don't really need it of any other app. I just want to be able to click on the GC icon and it opens at the root of my images folder... --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Tuttle" <jimtut@...> wrote: > > If you're using your Mac professionally, consider investing in the app "Default Folder" (no affiliation). You can set this type of default folder action for ANY app, on a per-app basis. Definitely a staple in the Mac app community. > > Not that GC couldn't (re)implement this feature, but I have to think this would be useful for other apps too in your situation. > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "Petri" <petri71@> wrote: > > > > Hello, > > > > I am coming back with a request I already had for GC7. Hope this time I am not the only one who is requesting it :-) > > When I used the GC in front of the clients I don't want them to see the last folder I opened, which could be the work of another client, I just want the browser to open "my pictures" folder.. > > > > In GC6, in the browser prefs, we can choose the way the browser opens up when we > > launch GC. > > > > Could we have the same choices in GC8 prefs in Browser-Misc ? > > > > -not to open > > -open at the last location > > -open at the following location (select folder) > > >
adept techlists - kazar

Post by adept techlists - kazar »

On 5/24/2012 11:29 PM, Petri wrote: > > Thank you Jim, > > I am not really interested in Default Folder... Don't want to use > another "open menu"...I don't really need it of any other app. > > I just want to be able to click on the GC icon and it opens at the > root of my images folder... > > Meanwhile (until/if such a preference is introduced) you can always right-click on the Pictures folder and choose in the Services menu: "Open in GraphicConverter browser" kazar
Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone »

On May 24, 2012, at 22:29, Petri wrote: I am not really interested in Default Folder... Don't want to use another "open menu"...I don't really need it of any other app.I just want to be able to click on the GC icon and it opens at the root of my images folder...______________________________________________________________________Hey There,Save this as an applet using the Applescript Editor, and launch GC using it.tell application "GraphicConverter" browser (path to pictures folder from user domain) activateend tell--Best Regards,Chris