[ANN] GraphicConverter 8.1 (Build 888)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

[ANN] GraphicConverter 8.1 (Build 888)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released a new beta. Please check: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html This BETA should fix the open TWAIN issue. I will release the final tomorrow. Regards Thorsten Lemke
watcombeman

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 8.1 (Build 888)

Post by watcombeman »

This build appears to have fixed the TWAIN problem I had with 884. But the TWAIN/Invert Scan check-box in Preferences is still inoperative. I imagine it would be mainly useful when scanning negatives, so that you didn't have to invert them after scanning - or would it be possible to batch convert this anyway? John. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "lemkesoft" <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I released a new beta. > Please check: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > This BETA should fix the open TWAIN issue. > I will release the final tomorrow. > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke >
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Running the following Applescript: tell application "GraphicConverter" activate delay 1 get name of window 1 get resolution of window 1 get id of window 1 get image dimension of window 1 get position of window 1 -- position (list of integer) : position of the window (top/left) in global coordinates end tell I get: tell application "GraphicConverter" activate get name of window 1 --> "Emley Tower.png (RGB)" get resolution of window 1 --> {72, 72} get id of window 1 --> 165 get image dimension of window 1 --> {640, 479} get position of window 1 --> {0, 495} end tell Result: {0, 495} The result returned does not give the coordinates {x, y} of the top/left. The x coordinate (0) looks OK, but the y coordinate is nearer bottom/left. On my iMac, the bottom of the window is at about 22 + 22 + 479 + 31 = 554. Mac OS X 10.6.8 GC 888. Window at 100%. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "lemkesoft" <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > I released a new beta. > Please check: > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > This BETA should fix the open TWAIN issue. > I will release the final tomorrow. > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke >
Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Jun 02, 2012, at 06:33, Merlin wrote: Running  the following Applescript:Result:{0, 495}The result returned does not give the coordinates {x, y} of the top/left.______________________________________________________________________Hey There,Thorsten told Bob that he's now using the Cocoa defaults for screen position.If memory serves they employ a standard X/Y graph with the origin in the lower-left corner.I've been using the other method for almost 20 years, and I find it most irritating.  However it is logical in its way.--Best Regards,Chris
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

--- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Stone <listmeister@...> wrote: > > On Jun 02, 2012, at 06:33, Merlin wrote: > > Running the following Applescript: > > Result: > > {0, 495} > > > > The result returned does not give the coordinates {x, y} of the top/left. > > ______________________________________________________________________ > > Hey There, > > Thorsten told Bob that he's now using the Cocoa defaults for screen position. > > If memory serves they employ a standard X/Y graph with the origin in the lower-left corner. > > I've been using the other method for almost 20 years, and I find it most irritating. However it is logical in its way. > > -- > Best Regards, > Chris > The result does indeed give the coordinates of the left/bottom of the window relative to the left/bottom of the screen with the normal mathematical convention (i.e. x positive from left to right and y positive from bottom to top. However, that is not what the GC Applescript dictionary says and, as you correctly say, it is not the convention that has been in use for the past 20 years.
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Chris,I ran Merlin's example;tell application "GraphicConverter" activate delay 1 set windowName to "" tell window 1 try set windowName to name -- check if already open end try display dialog windowName as text -->Thorsten_1.png set {x, y} to resolution display dialog "X = " & x & return & "Y = " & y as text --> X = 72,Y = 72 set x to id display dialog x as text --> 11622 set {x, y} to image dimension --> x = 1322, Y = 1032  -- NOTE: GIVES DIMENSION OF WINDOW AT 100% REGARDLESS OF ACTUAL VIEW. display dialog "X = " & x & return & "Y = " & y as text set {x, y} to position -- position (list of integer) : position of the window (top/left) in global coordinates display dialog "X = " & x & return & "Y = " & y as text --> X = 0,Y = 70 set {leftSide, topSide, rightSide, bottomSide} to bounds display dialog leftSide & return & topSide & return & rightSide & return & bottomSide as text --> 0, 24, 1579, 1370 end tellend tellbeepSTRANGE;"Set position" gives left,top coordinates and doesn't match the bounds of the window.Guess I'll abandon all hope for "Position", for now, and stick to "Bounds". On Jun 2, 2012, at 6:07 AM, Christopher Stone wrote:On Jun 02, 2012, at 06:33, Merlin wrote:Running  the following Applescript:Result:{0, 495}The result returned does not give the coordinates {x, y} of the top/left.______________________________________________________________________Hey There,Thorsten told Bob that he's now using the Cocoa defaults for screen position.If memory serves they employ a standard X/Y graph with the origin in the lower-left corner.I've been using the other method for almost 20 years, and I find it most irritating.  However it is logical in its way.--Best Regards,Chris Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello John,thanks for your quick test.The invert option is only for grayscale and bitmap images.Thorsten-------------------------------- On 02.06.2012, at 13:27, watcombeman wrote:   This build appears to have fixed the TWAIN problem I had with 884. But the TWAIN/Invert Scan check-box in Preferences is still inoperative. I imagine it would be mainly useful when scanning negatives, so that you didn't have to invert them after scanning - or would it be possible to batch convert this anyway? John. --- In g.
watcombeman

Post by watcombeman »

Thorsten, Invert Scan has no effect whether I scan in colour, greyscale or black and white :-( John. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello John, > > thanks for your quick test. > > The invert option is only for grayscale and bitmap images. > > Thorsten > -------------------------------- > > On 02.06.2012, at 13:27, watcombeman wrote: > > > This build appears to have fixed the TWAIN problem I had with 884. > > > > But the TWAIN/Invert Scan check-box in Preferences is still inoperative. > > > > I imagine it would be mainly useful when scanning negatives, so that you didn't have to invert them after scanning - or would it be possible to batch convert this anyway? > > > > John. > > > > --- In g. > > > > > > >
Walter Bushell

Post by Walter Bushell »

On Jun 2, 2012, at 8:07 AM, Christopher Stone wrote:On Jun 02, 2012, at 06:33, Merlin wrote:Running  the following Applescript:Result:{0, 495}The result returned does not give the coordinates {x, y} of the top/left.______________________________________________________________________Hey There,Thorsten told Bob that he's now using the Cocoa defaults for screen position.If memory serves they employ a standard X/Y graph with the origin in the lower-left corner.I've been using the other method for almost 20 years, and I find it most irritating.  However it is logical in its way. Hey, the old Mac way is better than what the economists would do, they would have made the x axis vertical and the y axis horizontal or have they switched since I was in college?--That which is emptiness is form. Avalokitesvara