Rotate Problems

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Dale Dreher

Rotate Problems

Post by Dale Dreher »

I have a Rotate with my Vertical camera shots. Whether in Browse/Thumbnails mode or Slide show mode, Rotate Right doesn't work at all and Rotate Left 90 degrees rotates the photo 180 degrees, so am currently unable to get my vertical shots 90 degrees rotated to the correct visual state. What could be the problem, I have had this issue for months where the rotation requested was 90deg but ended up 90deg, and now, it is worse. I use verion 8.0 On further review...when I do a Test Rotate on a Regular Landscape shot, it does rotate left or right 90degrees as clicked, but the shots that were taken as verticals, that now need to be rotated 90degrees to make then correct, those are the ones that won't rotate. Is this an import setting or an accidental lock that needs to be undone? Thanks for any help you can offer. Help I have a presentation due by Sunday night. DALE DREHER Location Manager & Scout dale@hazardtown.com
thorstenlemke

Re: Rotate Problems

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,ah - this is maybe caused by an exif rotation tag != 1.So, select all files in the browser first. Select in the context menu: Actions/Metadata/Rotate upon EXIF.Thorsten On 03.06.2012, at 03:38, Dale Dreher wrote:   I have a Rotate with my Vertical camera shots. Whether in Browse/Thumbnails mode or Slide show mode, Rotate Right doesn't work at all and Rotate Left 90 degrees rotates the photo 180 degrees, so am currently unable to get my vertical shots 90 degrees rotated to the correct visual state. What could be the problem, I have had this issue for months where the rotation requested was 90deg but ended up 90deg, and now, it is worse. I use verion 8.0 On further review...when I do a Test Rotate on a Regular Landscape shot, it does rotate left or right 90degrees as clicked, but the shots that were taken as verticals, that now need to be rotated 90degrees to make then correct, those are the ones that won't rotate. Is this an import setting or an accidental lock that needs to be undone? Thanks for any help you can offer. Help I have a presentation due by Sunday night. DALE DREHER Location Manager & Scout dale@hazardtown.com