GC 8.1 Browser-Slideshow Keyboard Shortcut

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Christopher Stone

GC 8.1 Browser-Slideshow Keyboard Shortcut

Post by Christopher Stone »

Hey Folks, Is there still not a keyboard shortcut for displaying the browser-selection in a slideshow? There used to be. (I'm not interested in having to reach for the mouse to click a toolbar button - particularly when there used to be a designated keyboard shortcut.) -- Best Regards, Chris
dknodel@swbell.net

Re: GC 8.1 Browser-Slideshow Keyboard Shortcut

Post by dknodel@swbell.net »

Probably not what you want, but if you right-click on one of the selected images, even if not contiguous, the context menu slideshow option will show the selected images in a  slideshow.From: Christopher Stone <listmeister@thestoneforge.com>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Sunday, June 3, 2012 4:08 PMTo: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: [gcmac] GC 8.1 Browser-Slideshow Keyboard Shortcut   Hey Folks, Is there still not a keyboard shortcut for displaying the browser-selection in a slideshow? There used to be. (I'm not interested in having to reach for the mouse to click a toolbar button - particularly when there used to be a designated keyboard shortcut.) -- Best Regards, Chris
ptimlin

Post by ptimlin »

Replying to a two year old post found searching for an answer. I just recently upgraded from v6 to v9 (skipping the versions in between) and one of the first things I noted was the change in the shortcut key for slideshows. Like Chris's original post says, I too have been very accustomed to being able to select a bunch of images and then hit Command-G to show those selected images in a slideshow. Very handy when you download a bunch of new photos from the camera and want to quickly preview them (and deleting the bad ones as you go) and they are not the only images in the folder your are currently browsing.It would appear the Command-G still activates the slide show feature but it does so for all the photos in a folder (not just those selected) and I believe also any subfolders within that folder. I did figure out you can right click on any of your selected photos and pick "slideshow" and it will only slideshow the selected images. But I am a shortcut key kind of guy and was wondering if there has ever been a shortcut key assigned to this function (slideshow of ONLY the selected images) once v9 was released?Patrick
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I use since version 8 the standard Apple shortcut alt + command + F (from the view menu) to show a slideshow of the selection.Thorsten Replying to a two year old post found searching for an answer. I just recently upgraded from v6 to v9 (skipping the versions in between) and one of the first things I noted was the change in the shortcut key for slideshows. Like Chris's original post says, I too have been very accustomed to being able to select a bunch of images and then hit Command-G to show those selected images in a slideshow. Very handy when you download a bunch of new photos from the camera and want to quickly preview them (and deleting the bad ones as you go) and they are not the only images in the folder your are currently browsing.It would appear the Command-G still activates the slide show feature but it does so for all the photos in a folder (not just those selected) and I believe also any subfolders within that folder. I did figure out you can right click on any of your selected photos and pick "slideshow" and it will only slideshow the selected images. But I am a shortcut key kind of guy and was wondering if there has ever been a shortcut key assigned to this function (slideshow of ONLY the selected images) once v9 was released?Patrick
ptimlin

Post by ptimlin »

Ah, perfect. Thank you. Now I just have to commit that one to memory.