Settings to Save Creation Date but Change Modification Date

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Dale Dreher

Settings to Save Creation Date but Change Modification Date

Post by Dale Dreher »

I was able to get familiar with the 2 different Save Date Preferences in GMac 8.1.1. But I am still not getting the exact results I need for my photos. What I want is this: Creation Date: Keep the same, Always, never change Creation date. Modification Date: change/update when I convert or modify the jpg. Last time I mentioned this issue I was burning over the Creation date every time, but now at least I get to keep the Creation Date, which is good, but I want to know also my Actual Modification Date when I edit the file. Here are my screen shots of my settings, under Photos on the GMac site. If anyone can give me the answer on correct settings it would be awesome. http://tinyurl.com/SAVE-CREATION-DATE-BUT-CHANGE Thank you very much. Dale Dreher Dale@Hazardtown.com 310-600-5020
thorstenlemke

Re: Settings to Save Creation Date but Change Modification Date

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,GraphicConverter uses the following default behavior (if the prefs is unchecked):- save / save as do save the file with the original creation date and the current modification dateOption active:- save / save as do save the file with the original creation date and the original modification dateThorsten On 14.06.2012, at 01:05, Dale Dreher wrote:   I was able to get familiar with the 2 different Save Date Preferences in GMac 8.1.1. But I am still not getting the exact results I need for my photos. What I want is this: Creation Date: Keep the same, Always, never change Creation date. Modification Date: change/update when I convert or modify the jpg. Last time I mentioned this issue I was burning over the Creation date every time, but now at least I get to keep the Creation Date, which is good, but I want to know also my Actual Modification Date when I edit the file. Here are my screen shots of my settings, under Photos on the GMac site. If anyone can give me the answer on correct settings it would be awesome. http://tinyurl.com/SAVE-CREATION-DATE-BUT-CHANGE Thank you very much.