Off the coast of Ghana

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
wnorbit

Off the coast of Ghana

Post by wnorbit »

Used GC Browser to examine items in my iPhoto collection and found that the photos were all geo located off the coast of Ghana in the Preview Pane Map tab. Might be a fun place, but I have never been there. The Menu drop down 'Show position in Google Earth' works correctly. Examining the Lat and Long indicates those are what I expect them to be. And the Places map in iPhoto shows the correct mapping. Any thoughts on how to correct the Preview Pane mapping? Trash and re-do the preferences plist? Recent upgrade from v6 to 8.1. Everything else seems to be working good. Different. But easy to adapt. WNO
thorstenlemke

Re: Off the coast of Ghana

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,can I please get one image file for testing?Thorsten On 30.06.2012, at 01:17, wnorbit wrote:   Used GC Browser to examine items in my iPhoto collection and found that the photos were all geo located off the coast of Ghana in the Preview Pane Map tab. Might be a fun place, but I have never been there. The Menu drop down 'Show position in Google Earth' works correctly. Examining the Lat and Long indicates those are what I expect them to be. And the Places map in iPhoto shows the correct mapping. Any thoughts on how to correct the Preview Pane mapping? Trash and re-do the preferences plist? Recent upgrade from v6 to 8.1. Everything else seems to be working good. Different. But easy to adapt. WNO
Hans Rijnbout

Post by Hans Rijnbout »

On 30 jun. 2012, at 01:17, wnorbit wrote: > Used GC Browser to examine items in my iPhoto collection and found that the photos were all geo located off the coast of Ghana in the Preview Pane Map tab. That would be Longitude 0, Latitude 0.
wnorbit

Post by wnorbit »

Added two to the photos section. These are duplicates from the originals inside of iPhoto, and the odd Lat/Long does not occur on the copies. Selecting the test folder in Browser, then a single picture for the Preview Pane, shows both geo locations on the map tab. Obtained the copies this way -> From GC Browser selected iPhoto Events from folder listing on the left, then selected the event. From the event photos, right-clicked on one photo to Reveal in Finder. From the Finder folder, Option-click-dragged the photo to a new folder outside of iPhoto creating a copy. Uploaded that copy to the Yahoo group. Repeat for other photo. Opening the Copied Folder in GC browser, the mapping in the Preview Pane Map tab shows both locations, even when only one photo is selected. This behavior is not critical to anything I am doing, just odd and interesting. Thanks for your attention. WNO --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hello, > > can I please get one image file for testing? > > Thorsten > > > On 30.06.2012, at 01:17, wnorbit wrote: > > > Used GC Browser to examine items in my iPhoto collection and found that the photos were all geo located off the coast of Ghana in the Preview Pane Map tab. Might be a fun place, but I have never been there. The Menu drop down 'Show position in Google Earth' works correctly. Examining the Lat and Long indicates those are what I expect them to be. And the Places map in iPhoto shows the correct mapping. Any thoughts on how to correct the Preview Pane mapping? Trash and re-do the preferences plist? Recent upgrade from v6 to 8.1. Everything else seems to be working good. Different. But easy to adapt. > > WNO > > > > >