From Ghana, our world tour moves to Poland...

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
wnorbit

Re: From Ghana, our world tour moves to Poland...

Post by wnorbit »

Hi, and thank you. ?Is this a correct statement: If a file has been tagged with the GPS from GC, then later loaded into iPhoto, GC is not able to read the iPhoto Event library file's exif data containing geolocation when examining the iPhoto library with the GC Browser. ? I have hundreds of files in my iPhoto library with the GPS data in the exif . If GC does not find that info with it's Browser, I understand, and will not expect it to behave differently. I have build 943 from July 8. WNO --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > I checked the files and iPhoto. > > I fixed with the latest BETA The issue of OpenStreet. > > iPhoto does currently store the location data only in its own database and not into the exif tags of the file. > > Thorsten > > On 12.07.2012, at 02:23, wnorbit wrote: > > > > > > > Hello, I have trashed the preferences several times, and the issue stays the same. Anything inside the iPhoto library shows up at Lat0/Long0 in the GC Browser map pane. Neither Default prefs for GC or iPhoto , or some on/off adjustments in the prefs , change the behavior. A reinstallation of 8.2beta did not help. As no one else has reported it , I assume it is particular to my system. Odd but not an operational hinderance. > > > > What I am having problems with is saving batch scripts. Which does affect my work flow. I either get a -111 error, or the name I choose does not stick, sometimes both. I get a name such as "gc_0_tmp.tmp" in my list of batch files carried forward from previous versions. I think my GC Browser may be haunted. Any Suggestions? > > WNO > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote: > > > > > > Hello, > > > > > > hmm, did you try to trash the prefs? > > > > > > Thorsten > > > >
thorstenlemke

Re: From Ghana, our world tour moves to Poland...

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I will read the original gps data from the file. So, if you tag with GraphicConverter - I can read it.I will add the support for the data of iPhoto later.It is on the todo list.Thorsten On 13.07.2012, at 01:28, wnorbit wrote:   Hi, and thank you. ?Is this a correct statement: If a file has been tagged with the GPS from GC, then later loaded into iPhoto, GC is not able to read the iPhoto Event library file's exif data containing geolocation when examining the iPhoto library with the GC Browser. ? I have hundreds of files in my iPhoto library with the GPS data in the exif . If GC does not find that info with it's Browser, I understand, and will not expect it to behave differently. I have build 943 from July 8. WNO