TWAIN issue since last update

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
howedav70

Re: TWAIN issue since last update

Post by howedav70 »

I have tried the latest beta and still not working. I can use Image Capture in Mountain Lion and then open the images with Graphic Converter. I can NOT scan the images from within GC with any of the three choices. I used to be able to before I upgraded to Mountain Lion or you last release (not sure which changed the behavior). Not a big deal, just minor annoyance. Best Regards, David H. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "DaveV" <dvandom@...> wrote: > > A little weird (it wanted to save before showing, but I suppose that's an option I need to set), but it worked in 32 bit mode. Thanks. > > ---Dave > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@> wrote: > > > > Hello, > > > > I released a new beta. > > Please check: > > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > > > Regards > > Thorsten Lemke > > On 02.08.2012, at 22:23, howedav70 wrote: > > > > > > > > In the past I have used my scanner from within GCC using the "Scan with Image Capture" choice. Since upgrading to Mountain Lion (or perhaps since your last update since they happened at very similar times) I can no longer do that. I have updated my drivers via Epson and Image Capture by itself works fine, but can't use from within GraphicConverter > > > --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "DaveV" <dvandom@> wrote: > > > > > > > > OS10.7.4, running GCC version 8.2 in 32 bit mode. > > > > > > > > The first time I tried scanning via TWAIN since the last update downloaded a few weeks ago, it would preview fine, but hang (and start demanding increasing amounts of CPU time) when I tried to scan. Reinstalling all the TWAIN packages got it working, so I figured that might be the issue. > > > > > > > > But today I tried scanning something, and even reinstalling TWAIN didn't fix the hanging problem. > > > > > > > > 8.1 was working fine, and 8.2 is still good for opening images from other sources, just not my scanner (and I still can't get a proper scan from image capture). > > > > > > > > ---Dave > > > > > > > > > > __._,_._ > > > > > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello David,ah - that is maybe a driver issue with Mountain Lion.Apple does try to force all to use image capture.Thorsten On 06.08.2012, at 15:50, howedav70 wrote:   I have tried the latest beta and still not working. I can use Image Capture in Mountain Lion and then open the images with Graphic Converter. I can NOT scan the images from within GC with any of the three choices. I used to be able to before I upgraded to Mountain Lion or you last release (not sure which changed the behavior). Not a big deal, just minor annoyance. Best Regards, David H. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "DaveV" <dvandom@...> wrote: > > A little weird (it wanted to save before showing, but I suppose that's an option I need to set), but it worked in 32 bit mode. Thanks. > > ---Dave
ak_seeker Yahoo

Post by ak_seeker Yahoo »

I had to tell GC to start up in 32 bit mode, the TWAIN Acquire worked after that.Now I just gotta bug Canon for some 64 bit drivers! On Aug 6, 2012, at 5:54 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hello David,ah - that is maybe a driver issue with Mountain Lion.Apple does try to force all to use image capture.ThorstenOn 06.08.2012, at 15:50, howedav70 wrote:   I have tried the latest beta and still not working. I can use Image Capture in Mountain Lion and then open the images with Graphic Converter. I can NOT scan the images from within GC with any of the three choices. I used to be able to before I upgraded to Mountain Lion or you last release (not sure which changed the behavior). Not a big deal, just minor annoyance. Best Regards, David H. --- In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, "DaveV" <dvandom@...> wrote: > > A little weird (it wanted to save before showing, but I suppose that's an option I need to set), but it worked in 32 bit mode. Thanks. > > ---Dave
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi David,my Canon Lide 700F driver works in 64 bit.Thorsten On 06.08.2012, at 21:01, ak_seeker Yahoo wrote:   I had to tell GC to start up in 32 bit mode, the TWAIN Acquire worked after that.Now I just gotta bug Canon for some 64 bit drivers!On Aug 6, 2012, at 5:54 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote:   Hello David,ah - that is maybe a driver issue with Mountain Lion.Apple does try to force all to use image capture.ThorstenOn 06.08.2012, at 15:50, howedav70 wrote:  
mpainesyd

Post by mpainesyd »

I now have a HP Officejet Pro 8600. Apparently it does not support Twain. I can get it to scan to my iMac using Apple Image Capture (from the Applications folder) but this does not work from within GC8 (File/Scan/Scan with Image Capture) - just a blank window appears. I am running Mountain Lion. Are there any extra settings needed?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlRegardsThorsten Lemke ----------------------------------------------------------------- On 07.09.2012, at 09:14, "mpainesyd" <mpaine@tpgi.com.au> wrote:   I now have a HP Officejet Pro 8600. Apparently it does not support Twain. I can get it to scan to my iMac using Apple Image Capture (from the Applications folder) but this does not work from within GC8 (File/Scan/Scan with Image Capture) - just a blank window appears. I am running Mountain Lion. Are there any extra settings needed?
Christopher Stone

Automating the GC Beta Download

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Sep 07, 2012, at 02:58, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote: I released a new beta.______________________________________________________________________Hey Folks,I usually use Progressive Downloader to download GraphicConverter, because it does a better job of maxing-out my bandwidth than most methods.  I got tired of manually doing this, so I wrote a script (appended).The script depends upon Safari to scrape the GC url, which works well for me since Safari is always running on my machine.While I was at it I also wrote an alias for my bash profile, so I could easily do it from the Terminal as well.alias dlgcb='cd ~/Downloads; URL=`curl -sL http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html : egrep -i "href=.+gc.+\.dmg.+multi" : awk -F\" '\''{ print $2 }'\''`; curl --remote-name-all -L "${URL}"'--Best Regards,Chris------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#       Author: Christopher Stone <junksieve@thestoneforge.com>#      Created: 2012-09-07 : 03:16#     Modified: 2012-09-07 : 03:57#  Application: Safari & Progressive Downloader#      Purpose: Download GraphicConverter Beta# Dependencies: None: Only stock OSX components used.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------» HANDLERS------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------on goGCBetaPage()  tell application "Safari"    make new document with properties {URL:"http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html"}  end tellend goGCBetaPage------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------on progressiveDownload(_referer, _linkList, _destination)  tell application "Progressive Downloader"    activate    repeat with i in _linkList      set _task to make new task      tell _task        set address to i        set referer to _referer        set destination to _destination      end tell    end repeat    if (count of tasks) > 0 then      # resume every task    else      error "No Tasks in Progressive Downloader!"    end if  end tellend progressiveDownload------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------on safari_links(regexStr, tagName, tagType)  set js to "function in_array (array, item) {  for (var i=0; i < array.length; i++) {    if ( array == item ) {      return true;}}  return false;}  var a_tags = document.getElementsByTagName('" & tagName & "');  var href_array = new Array();  var reg = new RegExp(/" & regexStr & "/i);  for (var i=0; i < a_tags.length; i++) {    var href = a_tags." & tagType & ";    if ( reg.test(href)) {      if ( !in_array(href_array, href)) {        href_array.push(href);}}} href_array;"  try    tell application "Safari" to set linkList to do JavaScript js in document 1  on error    set linkList to {}  end try  return linkListend safari_links------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------on safari_url()  tell application "Safari" to return URL of front documentend safari_url--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------» MAIN------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------try    goGCBetaPage()  delay 0.2  set pageURL to safari_url()  set regexStr to "gc.*\\.dmg"  set linkList to safari_links(regexStr, "*", "href")  if linkList ≠ {} then    set linkList to item 1 of linkList as list    progressiveDownload(pageURL, linkList, POSIX path of (get path to downloads folder))  end if  on error e number n  set e to "Error: " & e & return & return & "Error Number: " & n  beep  tell me to set dDlg to display dialog e buttons {"Cancel", "Copy", "OK"} default button "OK"  if button returned of dDlg = "Copy" then set the clipboard to eend try------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------