GC8 Cannot save "convert & modify" actions

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Karsten Wolf

GC8 Cannot save "convert & modify" actions

Post by Karsten Wolf »

I am checking GC8 for conversion of a GC6 installation which consists of several c&m actions for resizing and watermarking photos. After trashing the prefs gc8 took over the scripts with the exception of the "insert pixcture" path. The script now works but cannot be saved correctly. A file gc_0.tmp is created and a system error -111 issued. A clean rebuild of the script from scratch did not help either. BTW: JPEG quality is still saved with the c&m dialog. Not with the script. For certain conversions (picts go as thumbnails into a database) I want to save them with quality set to 89%, which is a very good compromise between quality and size. To achieve this I have to regularly check the different users last used quality setting because these are essentially used for the conversion. -karsten
thorstenlemke

Re: GC8 Cannot save "convert & modify" actions

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,please download the latest BETA.It does fix the -111 error.http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten On 09.08.2012, at 13:05, Karsten Wolf wrote:   I am checking GC8 for conversion of a GC6 installation which consists of several c&m actions for resizing and watermarking photos. After trashing the prefs gc8 took over the scripts with the exception of the "insert pixcture" path. The script now works but cannot be saved correctly. A file gc_0.tmp is created and a system error -111 issued. A clean rebuild of the script from scratch did not help either. BTW: JPEG quality is still saved with the c&m dialog. Not with the script. For certain conversions (picts go as thumbnails into a database) I want to save them with quality set to 89%, which is a very good compromise between quality and size. To achieve this I have to regularly check the different users last used quality setting because these are essentially used for the conversion. -karsten
Karsten Wolf

Re: GC8 Cannot save "convert & modify" actions

Post by Karsten Wolf »

Am 09.08.2012 um 13:53 schrieb Thorsten Lemke: > Hi, > > please download the latest BETA. > It does fix the -111 error. > > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html > > Thorsten Yes. Did it. Thanks. >> BTW: JPEG quality is still saved with the c&m dialog. Not with the >> script. For certain conversions (picts go as thumbnails into a >> database) I want to save them with quality set to 89%, which is a >> very good compromise between quality and size. To achieve this I have >> to regularly check the different users last used quality setting >> because these are essentially used for the conversion. Still on the wishlist. -karsten