Sort files into suborders (name) not working

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
acidproductuk

Sort files into suborders (name) not working

Post by acidproductuk »

Hi, I'm running GC 8.2 after recently moving up from GC 6.7.3 and one of the things I use a lot is the browser action to sort files into folders by name. Unfortunately this doesn't appear to work at all for me. The sort by date and extension actions work, but sort by name has no effect. All my image filenames are of the format "name1_xxx.jpg, name2_xxx.jpg etc." and when passing the same folder of images to GC 6.7.3 it runs the action perfectly, returning folders of images called "name1_", "name2_" etc. Any ideas? thanks Ian
thorstenlemke

Re: Sort files into suborders (name) not working

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorstenOn 10.08.2012, at 17:28, acidproductuk wrote:   Hi, I'm running GC 8.2 after recently moving up from GC 6.7.3 and one of the things I use a lot is the browser action to sort files into folders by name. Unfortunately this doesn't appear to work at all for me. The sort by date and extension actions work, but sort by name has no effect. All my image filenames are of the format "name1_xxx.jpg, name2_xxx.jpg etc." and when passing the same folder of images to GC 6.7.3 it runs the action perfectly, returning folders of images called "name1_", "name2_" etc. Any ideas? thanks Ian
acidproductuk

Post by acidproductuk »

Hi, Thanks for that, however it doesn't appear to behave any differently. Also, I don't see the issue listed in the bug fixes for that release (8.2.1 build 985). Have I got the right one? thanks Ian
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThat does fix it.Thorsten> wrote:   Hi, Thanks for that, however it doesn't appear to behave any differently. Also, I don't see the issue listed in the bug fixes for that release (8.2.1 build 985). Have I got the right one? thanks Ian
Ian Davies

Post by Ian Davies »

Brilliant, that did the trick. thanks Ian