Marching ants gone?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Patrick Axe

Re: QTKitServer-(991) GraphicConverter

Post by Patrick Axe »

actually right now I have nothng running (except for obviously the finder) and the QTKitServer is not running but when I launch GC it mysteriously opens (the number after the minus sign changes randomly) I just click the icon in the dock, so I'm not automatically launching it with a photo or anything .... but when I quit GC the QTKitServer process goes away? this is odd .... ah well, I'll try to figure out why GC is causing it to launch ... I have a feeling that this process is whats causing GC to run so slow on my machine now .... I did trash the preferences as you suggested but that didn't fix the problem ... unless of course I missed any preferences, Ive assumed theyre all in the path of ~/Library/Preferences/thanks ... PA On Aug 23, 2012, at 5:04 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hello,hmm, maybe you display a QuickTime movie and QuickTime does automatically open the process? Some older QuickTime codecs are not 64 bit, yet. But that is a QuickTime issue.Thorsten Am 23.08.2012 um 11:56 schrieb Patrick Axe <maulrat@sbcglobal.net>:I'm confused then because the name GraphicConverter is in the process itself<qtkitGC.jpg>On Aug 23, 2012, at 4:46 AM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hello,