How do I reduce # of colors to 6 custom colors

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
mamacat0934

How do I reduce # of colors to 6 custom colors

Post by mamacat0934 »

Hi Everyone, I have a .jpg file. The artwork is very simple however because it's a raster file, the original colors have lots of variation. I'd like to reduce the colors back to the original 6: gold, dark red, black, cyan blue, pale yellow, and bright green. Is there an easy way to do this? I've tried some of the color reduction tools but I end up with some very strange-looking images. An easy solution would make me very happy! Regards, Judy Murdoch
thorstenlemke

Re: How do I reduce # of colors to 6 custom colors

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Judy,sorry, that is not possible with GC.Thorsten On 09.09.2012, at 21:47, mamacat0934 <judy@judymurdoch.com> wrote:   Hi Everyone, I have a .jpg file. The artwork is very simple however because it's a raster file, the original colors have lots of variation. I'd like to reduce the colors back to the original 6: gold, dark red, black, cyan blue, pale yellow, and bright green. Is there an easy way to do this? I've tried some of the color reduction tools but I end up with some very strange-looking images. An easy solution would make me very happy! Regards, Judy Murdoch