Using "Crop Region" batch

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
sirquijote@lavabit.com

Using "Crop Region" batch

Post by sirquijote@lavabit.com »

Hi, GCX6.7.7 on ML 10.8. I've read the manual and been in touch with email support on this and have been deflected to the Add/Remove Margin batch twice. What's the correct way to use the Crop Region batch tool (in Convert & Modify…)? Please someone, post the values to use - in the order Left, Right, Top, Bottom - to crop 20 pixels from each side of a PNG measuring 600 x 480. Thanks.
thorstenlemke

Re: Using "Crop Region" batch

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,ah - use in this case: add/remove margin batch with a value of -20 for each side.Thorsten On 10.09.2012, at 11:18, sirquijote@lavabit.com wrote:   Hi, GCX6.7.7 on ML 10.8. I've read the manual and been in touch with email support on this and have been deflected to the Add/Remove Margin batch twice. What's the correct way to use the Crop Region batch tool (in Convert & Modify…)? Please someone, post the values to use - in the order Left, Right, Top, Bottom - to crop 20 pixels from each side of a PNG measuring 600 x 480. Thanks.
sirquijote@lavabit.com

Re: Using "Crop Region" batch

Post by sirquijote@lavabit.com »

From the manual: "If all margin edges or margin edges other than the right and lower ones should be cropped, use the Crop region function (see below). Crop region allows you to crop a little bit on all sides of a picture. Enter the width of the area you want to crop from each side (positive value)." Instead of being so cryptic, can you please just tell me why you keep moving me away from the Crop Region command? If it's broken, just say so; if it's not, why not just explain its intended purpose and the way to use it? Anyone would think I was presenting the NSA with a FoI request� > Hello, > > ah - use in this case: add/remove margin batch with a value of -20 for > each side. > > Thorsten > > On 10.09.2012, at 11:18, sirquijote@lavabit.com wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> GCX6.7.7 on ML 10.8. >> >> I've read the manual and been in touch with email support on this and >> have >> been deflected to the Add/Remove Margin batch twice. >> >> What's the correct way to use the Crop Region batch tool (in Convert & >> Modify…)? Please someone, post the values to use - in the order Left, >> Right, Top, Bottom - to crop 20 pixels from each side of a PNG measuring >> 600 x 480. >> >> Thanks. >> >> > > >