Setting file dates from EXIF

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Karsten Wolf

Setting file dates from EXIF

Post by Karsten Wolf »

Hi there. Setting the file dates for JPEG with EXIF does not work for files on a OSX server? The files in question have their old creation date and modification date is now. -karsten
thorstenlemke

Re: Setting file dates from EXIF

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Karsten,works here.Is there any error message in the console?Did you try to enable the verbose console in the prefs?Thorsten On 18.09.2012, at 16:55, Karsten Wolf <karstenwo@googlemail.com> wrote:   Hi there. Setting the file dates for JPEG with EXIF does not work for files on a OSX server? The files in question have their old creation date and modification date is now. -karsten
Karsten Wolf

Post by Karsten Wolf »

Attachments :Bild 283.pngBild 282.pngAm 18.09.2012 um 18:48 schrieb Thorsten Lemke: This is with the current 8.3 on OSX 10.6 The action is "Set creation and modification date depending on EXIF" > > > Hello Karsten, > > works here. > > Is there any error message in the console? 18.09.12 19:46:17 GraphicConverter[2275] NSOutlineView Warning: reloadData called while in the middle of doing a reloadData! That's all. > Did you try to enable the verbose console in the prefs? Yes. This is the browser entry for one pict.
thorstenlemke

Re: Setting file dates from EXIF [2 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,can I get the file for testing?Thorsten On 18.09.2012, at 19:52, Karsten Wolf <karstenwo@googlemail.com> wrote:   Am 18.09.2012 um 18:48 schrieb Thorsten Lemke: This is with the current 8.3 on OSX 10.6 The action is "Set creation and modification date depending on EXIF" > > > Hello Karsten, > > works here. > > Is there any error message in the console? 18.09.12 19:46:17 GraphicConverter[2275] NSOutlineView Warning: reloadData called while in the middle of doing a reloadData! That's all. > Did you try to enable the verbose console in the prefs? Yes.
Karsten Wolf

Post by Karsten Wolf »

Am 18.09.2012 um 20:06 schrieb Thorsten Lemke: > Hello, > > can I get the file for testing? > I have to ask permission for that. Tomorrow. -karsten
Karsten Wolf

Post by Karsten Wolf »

In the meantime I tried the good old SetFile tool. It refuses to change the date with an error -5000 which translates to afpAccessDenied. I assumed since GC can convert files (i.e. creating new ones) with creation/modification dates untouched, it can also do so on existing files. -karsten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,ah - do you have full permissions?Thorsten On 19.09.2012, at 14:24, Karsten Wolf <karstenwo@googlemail.com> wrote:   In the meantime I tried the good old SetFile tool. It refuses to change the date with an error -5000 which translates to afpAccessDenied. I assumed since GC can convert files (i.e. creating new ones) with creation/modification dates untouched, it can also do so on existing files. -karsten
Karsten Wolf

Post by Karsten Wolf »

Am 19.09.2012 um 18:53 schrieb Thorsten Lemke: > ah - do you have full permissions? My sysadmin says so. I can create,delete,write,rename,move files & folders. Seems like there are some metadata changing permissions I have no clue about. -karsten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,hmm, are there maybe special characters in the folder names?Thorsten On 19.09.2012, at 22:38, Karsten Wolf <karstenwo@googlemail.com> wrote:   Am 19.09.2012 um 18:53 schrieb Thorsten Lemke: > ah - do you have full permissions? My sysadmin says so. I can create,delete,write,rename,move files & folders. Seems like there are some metadata changing permissions I have no clue about. -karsten
Karsten Wolf

Post by Karsten Wolf »

Am 20.09.2012 um 08:38 schrieb Thorsten Lemke: > Hello, > > hmm, are there maybe special characters in the folder names? No. The full path is all ASCII, no spaces. Filenames are DSC_NNNN.JPG from a camera. Currently I can't test because my VPN is down and I will be on site not until tomorrow. -karsten