Problems with "Convert & Modify" and alpha channels

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
pagefault2000

Problems with "Convert & Modify" and alpha channels

Post by pagefault2000 »

Hi! When I want to convert a PSD-file with alpha-channel into another PSD-File, the alpha channel is gone. For example I want to convert RGB-Pictures to CMYK without loosing the alpha-channel. The converted pictures are always without transparencies. I also tried to convert to tif. Same problem here. I am using GC 8.3.0 and 8.3.1. Hope somebody could help me. Regards Ingo
thorstenlemke

Re: Problems with "Convert & Modify" and alpha channels

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,can I please get the file?Thorsten On 26.09.2012, at 17:47, "pagefault2000" <devooght@gmail.com> wrote:   Hi! When I want to convert a PSD-file with alpha-channel into another PSD-File, the alpha channel is gone. For example I want to convert RGB-Pictures to CMYK without loosing the alpha-channel. The converted pictures are always without transparencies. I also tried to convert to tif. Same problem here. I am using GC 8.3.0 and 8.3.1. Hope somebody could help me. Regards Ingo
Ingo Devooght

Post by Ingo Devooght »

Attachments :rechteck_rle-CORRUPT.psdrechteck.psd.zipPastedGraphic-1.pngCMYK_300dpiHi,I made same further researches.The problem seems to be the batch-action. When I'm using "colormode CMYK" the alpha channel is removed.I attached the action-script (CMYK_300dpi) and an example PSD with alpha-channel for testing. Also there is another issue. When I'm saving a psd file with RLE-compression, I can't load it in Photoshop or in GraphicConverter any more. Best RegardsIngo DevooghtAm 26.09.2012 um 22:12 schrieb Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>:   Hi,can I please get the file?ThorstenOn 26.09.2012, at 17:47, "pagefault2000" <devooght@gmail.com> wrote:   Hi! When I want to convert a PSD-file with alpha-channel into another PSD-File, the alpha channel is gone. For example I want to convert RGB-Pictures to CMYK without loosing the alpha-channel. The converted pictures are always without transparencies. I also tried to convert to tif. Same problem here. I am using GC 8.3.0 and 8.3.1. Hope somebody could help me. Regards Ingo
thorstenlemke

Re: Problems with "Convert & Modify" and alpha channels [4 Attachmen

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,ah - I support no alpha channel with CMYK, yet.Thorstencom> wrote:   Hi,I made same further researches.The problem seems to be the batch-action. When I'm using "colormode CMYK" the alpha channel is removed.I attached the action-script (CMYK_300dpi) and an example PSD with alpha-channel for testing. Also there is another issue. When I'm saving a psd file with RLE-compression, I can't load it in Photoshop or in GraphicConverter any more. Best RegardsIngo DevooghtAm 26.09.2012 um 22:12 schrieb Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>:   Hi,can I please get the file?
Ingo Devooght

Post by Ingo Devooght »

Hi,thanks. And what about storing PSD-Files with RLE-compression?Best RegardsIngo DevooghtAm 27.09.2012 um 08:19 schrieb Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>:   Hello,ah - I support no alpha channel with CMYK, yet.Thorstencom> wrote:   Hi,I made same further researches.The problem seems to be the batch-action. When I'm using "colormode CMYK" the alpha channel is removed.I attached the action-script (CMYK_300dpi) and an example PSD with alpha-channel for testing. Also there is another issue. When I'm saving a psd file with RLE-compression, I can't load it in Photoshop or in GraphicConverter any more. Best RegardsIngo DevooghtAm 26.09.2012 um 22:12 schrieb Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>:   Hi,can I please get the file?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,you can define the compression in the options.Thorsten On 27.09.2012, at 09:40, Ingo Devooght <devooght@gmail.com> wrote: Hi,thanks. And what about storing PSD-Files with RLE-compression?Best RegardsIngo Devooght
Ingo Devooght

Post by Ingo Devooght »

Attachments :rechteck_rle-CORRUPT-16257.psdHi,Sure, I know. But the file seems to be corrupt. I attached a file I saved with RLE-Compression. I can't open it any more with GC or Photoshop.Best RegardsIngo DevooghtAm 27.09.2012 um 09:43 schrieb Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>:   Hi,you can define the compression in the options.Thorsten On 27.09.2012, at 09:40, Ingo Devooght <devooght@gmail.com> wrote:Hi,thanks. And what about storing PSD-Files with RLE-compression?Best RegardsIngo Devooght
thorstenlemke

Re: Problems with "Convert & Modify" and alpha channels [1 Attachmen

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThat should fix it.Thorsten On 27.09.2012, at 09:52, Ingo Devooght <devooght@gmail.com> wrote:   Hi,Sure, I know. But the file seems to be corrupt. I attached a file I saved with RLE-Compression. I can't open it any more with GC or Photoshop.Best RegardsIngo DevooghtAm 27.09.2012 um 09:43 schrieb Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>:
Ingo Devooght

Post by Ingo Devooght »

Many thanks!RegardsIngoAm 27.09.2012 um 11:27 schrieb Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>:   Hello,I released a new beta.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThat should fix it.Thorsten On 27.09.2012, at 09:52, Ingo Devooght <devooght@gmail.com> wrote:   Hi,Sure, I know. But the file seems to be corrupt. I attached a file I saved with RLE-Compression. I can't open it any more with GC or Photoshop.Best RegardsIngo DevooghtAm 27.09.2012 um 09:43 schrieb Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>: