Feature Un-Request - ver 8.3.1

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Denver Dan

Feature Un-Request - ver 8.3.1

Post by Denver Dan »

Howdy. I just installed GC ver. 8.3.1. In Convert view, all of the Finder folder icons are now displayed with a cutsy, non standard, confusing, unnecessary, and irritating multi-random 5 picture icon thing. This is just not necessary. Please revert this to a standard Finder style folder, or, is there a way to turn this off and a preference or configuration so GC will show a standard Finder style folder? I'm used to seeing a folder icon as a folder icon and have been since 1984 on Macintosh and would like that superb interface to continue. Daniel Settles Vienna, Virginia
thorstenlemke

Re: Feature Un-Request - ver 8.3.1

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,go to the prefs and disable this feature. This feature was requested by many customers.Thorsten On 11.11.2012, at 18:05, Denver Dan <denver.dan@verizon.net> wrote:   Howdy. I just installed GC ver. 8.3.1. In Convert view, all of the Finder folder icons are now displayed with a cutsy, non standard, confusing, unnecessary, and irritating multi-random 5 picture icon thing. This is just not necessary. Please revert this to a standard Finder style folder, or, is there a way to turn this off and a preference or configuration so GC will show a standard Finder style folder? I'm used to seeing a folder icon as a folder icon and have been since 1984 on Macintosh and would like that superb interface to continue. Daniel Settles Vienna, Virginia
Denver Dan

Post by Denver Dan »

Howdy. I did check the preferences but could not find anything that resembled a way to disable this "feature." I've already re-installed the previous version but if I can find this preference and disable I will re-install the newer version. Thanks. Denver Dan Vienna, Virginia On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 20:17:24 +0100, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > go to the prefs and disable this feature. This feature was requested > by many customers. > > Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,I attached a screenshot.Thorsten On 12.11.2012, at 04:22, Denver Dan <denver.dan@verizon.net> wrote:   Howdy. I did check the preferences but could not find anything that resembled a way to disable this "feature." I've already re-installed the previous version but if I can find this preference and disable I will re-install the newer version. Thanks. Denver Dan Vienna, Virginia
Denver Dan

Post by Denver Dan »

Howdy. Thank you. That did the trick on returning to normal folder icons and I'm now back with the most recent version of GC. Much better. I'll pass the info on to several others in the MacSupportCentreal yahoo group that I moderate who had the same issue as I did. Daniel Settles Vienna, Virginia On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 08:25:00 +0100, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > Hi, > > I attached a screenshot. > > Thorsten > > > > > On 12.11.2012, at 04:22, Denver Dan <denver.dan@verizon.net> wrote: >> Howdy. >> >> I did check the preferences but could not find anything that resembled >> a way to disable this "feature." >> >> I've already re-installed the previous version but if I can find this >> preference and disable I will re-install the newer version. >> >> Thanks. >> >> Denver Dan >> Vienna, Virginia >
keith

Post by keith »

Hello,I like this feature so could this feature be a preference choice.Keith On Nov 11, 2012, at 2:17 PM, Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de> wrote:   Hello,go to the prefs and disable this feature. This feature was requested by many customers.ThorstenOn 11.11.2012, at 18:05, Denver Dan <denver.dan@verizon.net> wrote:   Howdy. I just installed GC ver. 8.3.1. In Convert view, all of the Finder folder icons are now displayed with a cutsy, non standard, confusing, unnecessary, and irritating multi-random 5 picture icon thing. This is just not necessary. Please revert this to a standard Finder style folder, or, is there a way to turn this off and a preference or configuration so GC will show a standard Finder style folder? I'm used to seeing a folder icon as a folder icon and have been since 1984 on Macintosh and would like that superb interface to continue. Daniel Settles Vienna, Virginia
Christopher Stone

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Nov 16, 2012, at 10:36, Keith <sailormangangway@yahoo.com> wrote: I like this feature so could this feature be a preference choice.______________________________________________________________________Didn't Thorsten post that it was a user preference?  Along with a screenshot of where it was?--Best Regards,Chris
Denver Dan

Post by Denver Dan »

Howdy. Yes. he posted the preference. I turned it off and now see real folders again in Convert view. Denver Dan On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 22:25:49 -0600, Christopher Stone wrote: > On Nov 16, 2012, at 10:36, Keith <sailormangangway@yahoo.com> wrote: >> I like this feature so could this feature be a preference choice. > ______________________________________________________________________ > > Didn't Thorsten post that it was a user preference? Along with a > screenshot of where it was? > > -- > Best Regards, > Chris >